Sik’s WIP - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sik’s WIP

Sorry the pics are wonky and out of order, I’ll get this right eventually

Congrats on your wins mate! Your work is awesome, you deserved it!

Thank you!!! I’m out of town but itching to start on my next project already!

So after a non-vacation in SC (thank you Hurricane Dorian) consisting of constant packing and unpacking and moving around and about 36 hours of driving vs 3 hours of fishing, I’m back home for a week. I have a small commission piece to do, a Mario and peach wedding cake topper, and then I’m back into Sik mode. I can’t decide what to do for Golden Demon, I know I really need to step up my game on that one, so I picked up a couple scale 75 models to play with as kind of a palette cleanser I guess. Draxx will be my first bust, and saw Nancy Steelpunch as an opportunity to work on a few things like velvet skin tones, NMM, and high color saturation. So that’s whats on the que until I get a definitive GD plan. Also, to any veteran competitors, do you know how far in advance GW will select the model for the Eavy Metal masters category? I would like to enter it depending on the model choice, but haven’t seen anything for the GD US at Adepticon for it.Name:  ED165A68-BDC0-45DA-B518-1EB9B86C4E80.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  1.47 MB

It’s been a crazy busy week back home, haven’t had time to work on the projects I want to work on, guess they’ll have to wait until after my Cali trip. The little extra time I’ve had was spent making up games in my FLGS 40k escalation league. My Nids are 7-0, last undefeated crew with one more game remaining. I was able to put some paint on the wedding cake topper today, need it done by tomorrow night but it shouldn’t be an issue. It’s pretty simple. However remind me never to take another 3D garage print job... the striations are a b@$&). Should still look passable in the end, I’m not charging much for it.Name:  F9AC41A7-0922-4B23-B359-A93801832C92.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  951.1 KB

Congrats on your Nids Nads !!! Lololo and the Mario thing is very cool- this like this cleanse the palate !!!

Nice, really like the Princess Peach and Mario topper!

Nice job with your filthy xenos, pal.
    The cake topper looks cool, but I can see what you mean about the printing artifacts!

The layer lines are clearly visible this close up, but I think it should be safe to say that a cake topper won't get as close an inspection as an entry at a painting competition. If they kinda blend in from a few feet away, you will be safe.

Just don't use any washes hahaha!

So I figured I’d post this since it’s my most recent project, however minor. Finished the cake topper and snapped a few pics. It’s far from perfect but I think pretty decent for 1.5 days. Especially since I smudged paint on it like 3 times today and had to fix mistakes. There’s one in the pics that I got afterward. Of course I look at it and want to pick it apart, there’s 1,000 things I don’t like about it or I could do better blah blah you know how it goes, but the guy I did it for was crazy happy with it, so I guess that’s all that matters. I think the faces turned out decent tho. At least it looks like Mario and peach lol and I did manage a “lovey” expression on their faces which I was pleased with. But I think peach looks like a porcelain doll...

anyway, off to the left coast for me to see my little bro and his wife. Nice to know that NorCal doesn’t get hurricanes... and I’ll finally get on that Draxx bust or Nancy Steelpunch when I get back.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Thanks Gorb! Yea I was pleased with it for the short ish amount of time I spent on it. Client was overly thrilled so that was rewarding as well. Good little break project. Can’t wait to get stuck into something more serious though, gotta 1 up my last couple pieces!!