Sik’s WIP - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sik’s WIP

Totally know what you mean about work getting in the way of fun! gotta admit that is one of my least favorite heads for the DG, but looking forward to your conversion and painting of it! Really like that green you have on the Yu Jing

Thanks gorb and Eki!! Still struggling to get my normal progress in. Life stuff, the flu, and I’ve been sidetracked by football season a little as my Ravens are crushin it right now. Anyway I’m calling the Wu Ming “Done” for now, made a little more progress on fat boy too. And Eki I can see that about the head choice, it’s kinda goofy but I’m hoping I can turn it creepy if I continue the project and my sculpting doesn’t look like total crap once I get primer on. Here’s pics. Oh and on the infinity dudes I decided to brighten the highlights a little more after I took some pics with the scenery so that’s the extra pic on the paint table
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Why am I so inept at posting pics here?!?!?

Your sculpting, shading and highlighting are phenomenal! The closeup of the Infinity guy in your most recent post looks gorgeous and really showcases how smooth your blending is.

Rowwwsdower
    WIP Thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...wwsdower-s-WIP

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun."

- Zap Rowsdower

That green blend is hot, mate! The sculpt is coming along nicely too. I agree, once you slap primer on it it'll all come together, and I don't think the head will look goofy then.

Those Yu Jing are looking phenomenal there Siks! I am sure you will do a great job on modding the DG figure as well.

Thanks guys!! Yea I think they’ll look good on the table. Excited to play a game with em. Gorb I’m actually worried that the putty will look worse with the primer!! We’ll see. I’m gonna keep tinkering with him until it’s ready.

So I’m the meantime I had signed up for the CK studios alumni selfish secret Santa gift exchange. You send a mini out and someone in the group paints it for you and sends it back. So I need to finish this and get it back to its owner so I can really get into the nitty gritty of my own stuff. It’s sister erzebel from raging heroes. She’s detailed, SMALL SMALL SMALL, and sculpt/prep is pretty wonky in areas (I got it this way) but I’m gonna make sure ma dude gets a sweet paint job for Xmas anyway. Here’s progress, I’m trying to make it cool but playing pretty fast and lose with it, I don’t have time to put the same refinement into it as I would on a big comp model.

The selfish secret santa exchange sounds like a cool idea. The model you're painting looks really cool, I love the reds on the cloak.
    Don't worry about the putty mate, once you have some primer on there you'll see it all just blends and becomes a single awesome looking model

Love love love it all - my fav is fat boy but I myself feel it’s much creepier than goody- that fat dudes face I’m seeing in my sleep that’s creepy though right

Your blending on the sister is crazy good, as is your color handling. The red on her cape (is it a cape?) is nice and saturated, and fades both darker and lighter hues very naturally due to your paint job. Very nice!

Rowwwsdower
    WIP Thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...wwsdower-s-WIP

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun."

- Zap Rowsdower

Nice work on that newest figure, I think the owner will be quite pleased when they get it back
    Last edited by ekipage; 12-06-2019 at 09:10 PM.

I love the nurgle big boy. I think the nurgle aesthetic will fit your style well.

Thanks everyone!! I sent some pics to the owner and he seems pretty happy. I haven’t progressed on big boy much, trying to get this one off the table first. It’s still slow going with the paint progress though I’m almost done with this one. Some of you mentioned the red, it’s a new recipe I’m playing with, and I like it too!! Here’s pics.

Nice job. The red is pretty nice indeed, and the wings too!

Hollly shite!!!!

Damn, didn't realize this figure had wings several times larger than the body! I like that purple you blended into the lower part of the wings! and great job on the sword

I'm impressing by your blending on the cloak of your last mini. I was wondering what process did you follow to paint the wings? Your Lady of Anguish is a brilliant painting work btw.