Nightwatch Crossbows Ready Aim Fire Order and Winter is Coming

Thread: Nightwatch Crossbows Ready Aim Fire Order and Winter is Coming

Default Nightwatch Crossbows Ready Aim Fire Order and Winter is Coming

Hello. I am T.O.-ing a tourney next weekend and saw the discussion on both Discord and Facebook. We have a number of both NW and Stark players and this could be a big point of contention as well as make a big impact on outcome of games. I have no doubt NW Crossbows will be used.

I don't want to make a wrong call either way and incorrectly alter outcomes. Can we get an official ruling of how WIC interacts with the Ready, Aim, Fire order? I have seen arguments from non-official sources on both sides of the question and don't need reiteration of those same points here. There seems to be a lack of a clear answer. An official answer and explanation would be most welcome.

Thank you.
    Last edited by tanker11; 09-08-2019 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Typo

If things are not clear during the tourney just roll a dice..

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarKhan View Post
    If things are not clear during the tourney just roll a dice..
    Why even have a rules forum

I think I want to embellish on this as well, is Declaring a charge and selecting a target for the charge all the same step? you need to have a valid target to declare a charge and the first step after declaring the charge is determine the flank for the charge. If they are indeed the same trigger, then WiC (active player) and RAF are simultaneous. so does WiC stop RAF even though its already been used (it was used the same time WiC was played in this case) and just hasn't resolved? WiC states tactics cannot be played and Orders not used, but in this case it was already used before WiC, just resolved afterwards. I've seen and been part of some debates on this and would love if something official came down.

Starks unit would declare a Charge action, this is the moment Winter is Coming triggers and must be played. Target has not been declared at this point.

The next step after this is selecting the Target of said Charge, this would be the timing for Ready! Aim! Fire. At this point Winter is Coming has already taken effect, preventing the Order from being used.

Play proceeds from this point, continuing the steps of resolving the Charge.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Thank you michael, I will be posting this in the facebook page.

Much appreciated, Lord Bolton.