Charge question

Thread: Charge question

Default Charge question

Can comeone confirm me that i all understanding right about such general rules as charge.

When unit charges it can pivot.
    You can pivot through enemy if you dont overlaping it.

Question about situation when enemy unit is right in front of friendly unit that wants to charge another enemy unit.

Can you pivot over it (if you dont end pivot overlapping that unit) then charge another enemy unit?

That pivot is part of charge move (and so you cannot do it as you must stop if touch enemy when charge) or it is just separate pivot and you can pivot above enemy (if dont overlapping them at end of pivot)?

Quote Originally Posted by Valenae View Post
    Can comeone confirm me that i all understanding right about such general rules as charge.

When unit charges it can pivot.
    You can pivot through enemy if you dont overlaping it.

Question about situation when enemy unit is right in front of friendly unit that wants to charge another enemy unit.

Can you pivot over it (if you dont end pivot overlapping that unit) then charge another enemy unit?

That pivot is part of charge move (and so you cannot do it as you must stop if touch enemy when charge) or it is just separate pivot and you can pivot above enemy (if dont overlapping them at end of pivot)?
    If the enemy unit that is "right in front" of the unit that wants to charge is blocking that unit's Line of Sight, then no. They cannot charge.

LoS is the first thing you check to see if a charge can be performed. If all three conditions for declaring a charge are met (as noted on pg. 18 in the rulebook), then absolutely yes.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

I think my question isn't clear...

Question is about pivoting as part of charge action.

Can you pivot above enemy units? This charge pivot is separate from charge move?

Nope, I got it.

You may pivot over an enemy unit during a charge, as long as they are not overlapping that enemy's tray at the end of the pivot.

But in the scenario you described, you cannot start a charge action against an enemy unit if you don't have line of sight. So whether or not you can pivot wouldn't come into play.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Ok thank you!

I mean right in front but not engaged.
    So you can see near units and attack them if you wish )

best way is to read the line of sight chapter in the rulebook carefully.... i agree the chapter could use more visual examples.