Hello Cool Mini Or Not, first time here ( and im noob ). - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello Cool Mini Or Not, first time here ( and im noob ).

good work clouds, nice tidy painting
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

My Instagram - where I post pictures every now and again https://www.instagram.com/coyotepaints/

Thanks Coyote, have a great night an day, i appreciate it.

Nicely done on that skaven! I really like that pinkish hue to the skin

Thanks Ekipage!. I didn't know really it would turn out like this because i was mixing all my own colors and yeah but i thought it definitely matches a real rat closely i guess hahahaha. Any way its for a friend this guy, so he will probably stand out a bit to the rest of his Scavens lol, but yeah i think it looks cool aswell, thank you.

Ahhh i was not able to log on for technical reasons but i have finally managed to get my login details correct and i am finally back!!!!!. Here are 3 troops i have painted since not being on CMON, they are apart of a few troops i decided to strip and paint again since they were so badly done as they were among my first painted models ever, the Chaos Marine with the flame thrower is currently finished, but i have not taken a good photo of him yet but i will soon. Also i have Magnus the red and some rubic marines now, but they wont be done for a long time since i am stripping the paint currently off THE GREAT UNCLEAN ONE for the same reasons as the troops which is i wanted to do again since they were among my first models to have ever painted and i know i can do alot better now and he is an expensive model so i would rather strip him instead of buying another one.

So HAPPY NEW YEAR every one and Merry Christmas since i wasn't able to log on due to forgetting to technical issues on my side.

EDIT - The before and after picture is among my first painted troops showing how he originally looked.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Clouds; 01-17-2020 at 09:45 PM.

Your paint job on those CSMs' armor and banners is so smooth! It looks really nice. What paints did you use?

Rowwwsdower
    WIP Thread

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun."

- Zap Rowsdower

Wow thanks Rowwwsdower!. I'm using citadel paints, but i hate the design of citadel pots so much that im going to switch to Vallejo soon and never look back.

Cheers.

Really nice work on the CSM! Looking forward to seeing what you do with Magnus and the TS models

Hi Clouds, one general question: Is there any reason why you're cutting your uploaded pictures in the way you're doing it?

And I'm seeing with Magnus a big project on the horizon. Enjoy this!

My work area/room is messy and unorganised ( in the process of fixing this currently ) so i try minimize how much people can see and some times my hand is in the picture so i try remove it so people dont see my hand but some pictures u can see my hand so yeah i dont know what im doing lol..., i am currently in a renovation stage and will stop cutting images soon when i have finished the renovation and will not be ashamed to show my tidy beautiful wargaming station.

Thanks for your questions and yeah magnus is a long long way away, i have to paint THE GREAT UNCLEAN ONE ( i stripped the paint off him and i am re doing it ) before i can touch them, although i have assembled every thing .

Cheers.
    Last edited by Clouds; 01-27-2020 at 01:25 AM.

welcome back clouds.

nice work on those CSM's
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

My Instagram - where I post pictures every now and again https://www.instagram.com/coyotepaints/

Cheers Coyote, appreciate it.

Have a good day and night!.

Quote Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
    My work area/room is messy and unorganised ( in the process of fixing this currently ) so i try minimize how much people can see and some times my hand is in the picture so i try remove it so people dont see my hand but some pictures u can see my hand so yeah i dont know what im doing lol..., i am currently in a renovation stage and will stop cutting images soon when i have finished the renovation and will not be ashamed to show my tidy beautiful wargaming station.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, I have been in the "planning" stages to build a new desk and actually set-up a proper painting area for a year or so now. I just finally got my desk built (yeah had the parts for about 8 months but have been too lazy to finish it up). But if you don't want to do the cropping like you do, you can always just put a paper towel behind the figures (like I do) or a piece of light colored card stock and that way everything else will be blocked out and make it easier to crop the photo.

EDIT - THIS MODEL HAS BEEN PAINT STRIPPED ON ALL PARTS SO THATS WHY THE PLASTIC MAY APPEAR THE WAY IT DOES.

Thanks ekipage for your words of comfort . I have finished renovating and setting up the new station so wont need to edit images any more. I am working on The Great Unclean One model at the moment.

Have a great day.
    Last edited by Clouds; 02-03-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Just finished the red cloth but the little skulls are not done at all neither is any thing else.
    Last edited by Clouds; 02-06-2020 at 01:56 AM.

You have really good brush control and very clean painting style.

That's a gruesome model
    Looking good, nice job on the red cloth!

Thank you so much bullfrog and gorb, very much appreciated. Have a great day and night!!!!!, cheers.

How did you strip off the paint from the plastic?
    Looks like a technique I‘d like to copy!