I\'ve been coming here almost every day since July, 2002 to vote and to get ideas on how to paint. I have since found out a few things about this place which are universal.
AND MOST IMPORTANT
- At least once a month, someone will complain about the voting system and how \"fair\" it actually is. I myself have started a few of these, the last being around December on my scarecrow. :innocent:
- Your mini, is being rated on not just the paint job, but also on the sculpt, manufacturer, importance in game play, age, the photography, how well the photo is edited and cleaned up in the editor, the description, etc. Its the complete package your getting voted on.
- Minis will be voted on by manufacturer by multiple people of the fanboy mentality. (ex. GW fanboys vote on GW minis exclusively or will skew them higher than minis from another manufacturer... Same for the Rackham fans , Reaper, etc.) :|~
- DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR MINI if you have thin skin and cannot live without at least one of your favorite minis being a 5. It WILL happen. (Even Haley has a 5.8) :~(
- Your mini, no matter well photographed, ALWAYS looks better in real life. :mad:
- There are a few painters here who have a reputation for being great and that skews their votes higher than most.. sometimes it\'s even warranted. Try not to dwell on that fact. :(
- The actual vote on your mini means absolutely squat. Someone could give your mini a 5 and the same pic 3 months later a 7. It\'s all relative. :rolleyes:Pay more attention to the remarks that people who take the time to give say. That is usually more straight on then anything else.
The only person you can control is yourself. Do what you think is right and the rest will work itself out.
Ohh, and quit taking this site so seriously.. it\'ll save you some ulcers... lol