In the US, where is the best place to order Scale 75 paints from?

Thread: In the US, where is the best place to order Scale 75 paints from?

Default In the US, where is the best place to order Scale 75 paints from?

It seems the cheapest way is to order directly from Spain, but I don't know if they ship to here, and if they do if it's reliable. Anyone have experience?

I'm going to buy the 63 paints set, which is already expensive. US distributors seem to have a big mark-up compared the the Euro/USD exchange rate from ordering direct, even when factoring in shipping.
    Last edited by PTS; 09-22-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Scale 75 actually has a US based location as well. I believe it is Scale75USA.com, but it looks like it is $275ish there.
    That being said, I think you can get it a hair cheaper from some locations like Competition Minis (http://www.competitionminis.com/mm5/...uct_Code=39032) for example. I am sure there are other sites, maybe Amazon or other online hobby stores so don't necessarily just use that link. It does look like the price on their home site is better (about 165 Euros), but you might have to pay a fairly high shipping cost which would make it about the same as getting it from a US store. I know that the price on the Comp Minis site will include free postage, but you would have to look around at other sites to see if they offer similar. Also, depending on how they ship it (from Spain) it could take a couple of weeks to get to you so it all depends on how quickly you want it and for what price really.

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    Scale 75 actually has a US based location as well. I believe it is Scale75USA.com, but it looks like it is $275ish there.
    That being said, I think you can get it a hair cheaper from some locations like Competition Minis (http://www.competitionminis.com/mm5/...uct_Code=39032) for example. I am sure there are other sites, maybe Amazon or other online hobby stores so don't necessarily just use that link. It does look like the price on their home site is better (about 165 Euros), but you might have to pay a fairly high shipping cost which would make it about the same as getting it from a US store. I know that the price on the Comp Minis site will include free postage, but you would have to look around at other sites to see if they offer similar. Also, depending on how they ship it (from Spain) it could take a couple of weeks to get to you so it all depends on how quickly you want it and for what price really.
    That competition minis price is great, and free shipping! Thanks for the link, ekipage!

Just ca heads up Scale 75 paints are Very Matte and some colours do require heavy agitation prior to use, like ‘Rainy Grey’ as they separate easily, but they are good with some colours that are well worth adding to the hordes of bottles.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.