Northern Ferocity and a Wolf

Thread: Northern Ferocity and a Wolf

Default Northern Ferocity and a Wolf

Hi.
    I play Northern Ferocity tactic on Direwolf.
    Is he considered to have 1 rank and gain Vicious, or 0 ranks and no vicious?

Solo models are considered to have 0 ranks.

p9 of the rulebook, under "Ranks":
    "Solo units do not have ranks"

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnLeaves View Post
    Solo models are considered to have 0 ranks.

p9 of the rulebook, under "Ranks":
    "Solo units do not have ranks"
    If it would be written in the rulebook, that Solo models are considered to have 0 ranks, that would be clear.

But it is not.
    P.9 is chapter about how ranks and models are used to represent bad shape of the unit. at the end it inform us that single model does not have that mechanic.
    Looking at Your cited sentece in a context, I'm not really sure it is meant to interact with tactic cards that way.

This is why I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohun242 View Post
    Hi.
    I play Northern Ferocity tactic on Direwolf.
    Is he considered to have 1 rank and gain Vicious, or 0 ranks and no vicious?
    Rulebook, Pg. 9
    Ranks: While the individual models on a tray represent the unit’s overall health, the remaining ranks in a unit determine most game effects. Each Infantry Unit is composed of 3 ranks,while each Cavalry Unit is composed of 2 ranks. Solo units do not have ranks, since they usually consist of only a single model.

Sorry to be blunt here, but I cannot see how you can read "Solo units do not have ranks" as meaning anything other than they do not have ranks. There is nothing that would make a Tactic Card that relies on remaining Ranks an exception to this.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Michael Shinall View Post
    Rulebook, Pg. 9
    Sorry to be blunt here, but I cannot see how you can read "Solo units do not have ranks" as meaning anything other than they do not have ranks. There is nothing that would make a Tactic Card that relies on remaining Ranks an exception to this.
    Because except this single card interaction, I couldn't find any other reason for this rule to exist. So i find this.. strange.
    Still, of course thx for answer.
    Cheers.

What about cards that specify the combat unit did not lose a rank. if a solo unit does not have a rank, it did not lose one.