Attacking with highest die value or full ranks

Thread: Attacking with highest die value or full ranks

Default Attacking with highest die value or full ranks

Are abilities that make you attack with highest die value affected by attack modifiers like +2 dice or -2 dice?

For example, if Catelyn influences a unit that has a +2 dice modifier,

or of Alliser's incite is used while Hold the Line has been used?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnalexander View Post
    Are abilities that make you attack with highest die value affected by attack modifiers like +2 dice or -2 dice?

For example, if Catelyn influences a unit that has a +2 dice modifier,

or of Alliser's incite is used while Hold the Line has been used?
    Bersekers with full ranks and an Umber Champion (v 1.5) would roll 12 dice (10 for highest attack dice + 2 from the UC).

Highest Attack Die Value is the numerical value-box listed on an attack. By that same logic additional/negative dice could never apply because the rules say you roll what's in the box.

I dont disagree with you but some others do, so I figured I'd post it to see if anyone could weigh in. also welcome back

I dont disagree with you but some others do, so I figured I'd post it to see if anyone could weigh in. also welcome back
    What is the counter argument to why you wouldn't modify simply because you're using the highest attack die value?

simply what alliser said. "it says attack with highest value on your card" etc and my counter was the modifier modifies those values.

simply what alliser said. "it says attack with highest value on your card" etc and my counter was the modifier modifies those values.

This would be correct. One is telling you to use your highest Attack Die Value, which is a stat on the unit card. The other is modifying said stat.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft