Card and Order Conflict Clarification

Thread: Card and Order Conflict Clarification

Default Card and Order Conflict Clarification

I need some clarification, please be patient with me, its just that I want to make everything clear, I am organizing a torney soon and I dont want any misunderstanding on the rules.

Cards and Order only conflicts on said action trigger and not the timing, for example:

On Donal Noye card, there's a card which trigger on being attacked but the timing on rolls are before and the other after.

"when a friendly combat unit is attacked" doesnt matter if, "before attack dice are rolled" or "after attack dice are rolled"?

Another example of timing is the Stark cards:
    One in declaring and the other is in the moment of charging

Are those 2 card in conflict? if it is then whats important is the keyword action(attacked, charge, activate, start of turn ect.) and not the timing of the rolls.

Name:  HouseStark4.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  13.1 KBName:  HouseStark1.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  11.8 KBName:  nw-donal-noye-docb-t2.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  11.3 KBName:  NightsWatch7.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  14.0 KB
    Last edited by Fullarchitect; 10-20-2019 at 12:23 PM.

You have it backwards.

If one card triggers before attack dice are rolled, and another after, those are not the same trigger. They are absolutely different timing events.

Winter is Coming and Devastating Impact have been ruled to be the same trigger (when the unit charges).

There is no such thing as a "keyword action".
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Thanks for the reply Michael,

Then, what about these cards, just to make sure.

Even if 2 cards says when a friendly unit makes an melee attack, but different timing. for example these cards:

Name:  ff-the-weeper-hb-t3.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  11.9 KBName:  FreeFolk1.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  14.3 KB

Name:  hs-sworn-sword-captain.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  20.2 KBName:  HouseStark2.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  13.1 KB

Northern Ferocity and Group Assault have both been FAQ'ed as being BEFORE Attack Dice are rolled. This is the same trigger as Reckless Slaughter. It is not the same trigger the Sworn Sword Captain's Order, which is AFTER Attack Dice are rolled.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Thank you for your time,

Perfect, I am clear now, timing does matter then.

But in general, for all the other cards that says, "when friendly unit makes a melee attack", is considered before attack dice are roll for all intent and purposes?

If it is considered as "before attack dice are rolled" then it would conflict with all other cards that does especify "when a friendly unit attacks, before attack dice are rolled"?

ps.
    Group assault clarification doesnt appear in the FAQ 1.4 in cmon asoiaf documents.

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Michael Shinall View Post
    Northern Ferocity and Group Assault have both been FAQ'ed as being BEFORE Attack Dice are rolled. This is the same trigger as Reckless Slaughter. It is not the same trigger the Sworn Sword Captain's Order, which is AFTER Attack Dice are rolled.
    It seems Northern Ferocity has been FAQ'd, but group assault has not

Quote Originally Posted by Codfather View Post
    It seems Northern Ferocity has been FAQ'd, but group assault has not
    Even absent a FAQ, I'd be willing to take his statement as a ruling.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    Even absent a FAQ, I'd be willing to take his statement as a ruling.
    As would I, his word is official in the rules forums. But not everyone reads the rules forums, and he seemed to be under the assumption that it was already in the FAQ, maybe it accidently slipped through the cracks