Simple clarification

Thread: Simple clarification

Default Simple clarification

Good evening, folks. An ncu ability vs wildling diplomacy. Both appear to happen when the ncu claims the zone - therefore the active player would be able to resolve their ncu abilities before wildling diplomacy causes wounds. I just need verification that this is correct. Thanks a bunch!

Brett

That's how I'd tend to view it. So, for example:

1. Cersei activates
    2. Wildling Diplomacy played.
    3. Cersei takes zone targeted by WD
    4. Cersei attaches Influence to unit
    5. WD deals damage

Curious, was someone making a counter-argument?
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Yes. My entire meta has been playing it as though diplomacy resolves first. Just wanted clarification because diplomacy played first cost me a game.

Both are triggering as a result of the zone being claimed, so it'd fall under simultaneous actions and active player should resolve first.

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    Both are triggering as a result of the zone being claimed, so it'd fall under simultaneous actions and active player should resolve first.
    Claiming the zone and resolving the effects of the zone aren't simultaneous - otherwise Varys wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnLeaves View Post
    Claiming the zone and resolving the effects of the zone aren't simultaneous - otherwise Varys wouldn't work.
    aemon’s heal ability is triggered when he claims a zone.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnLeaves View Post
    True, but the trigger of claiming the zone is. I very helpfully didn't include resolving the zone effects in my listing. Believe that should be between 3 and 4, as the rules state they resolve "immediately."