Kallfa's WIP - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kallfa's WIP

Nice work on the Troggoth - very Soperesque in the colour palette.

Looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Kallfa View Post
    Many thanks all for your kind feedback, it encourages me to carry on ! The picture is avaible in my gallery btw : http://www.coolminiornot.com/443511

@AMRowwwsdower, I didn't use airbrush for the scales. To be honest, this is my least favorite part in my opinion. At the state of the picture that you quoted, I painted them with a blue/grey color, applyed a drybrush of light grey + red glaze between scales, before I applyed a blue+brown wash and highlights on the edges. But I wasn't satisfied with the result so I totally redid that part x).
    Haha, fair enough - I could see how that part might be really tedious and/or a pain to work with the colors on the scales. What approach did you end up taking?

Rowwwsdower
    WIP Thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...wwsdower-s-WIP

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun."

- Zap Rowsdower

@Hairster : Thank you , in fact, my colour palette for the troll isn't so different as the one used for my squigs. I just tryed to make it more complex. Anyway, I'm glad that some people like it.

@Rowwwsdower : That part was a pain indeed ! After my first try, I applied a layer of diluted blue+brown paint, retryed a drybrushing, and started banging my head on the table because the result was disastrous ! I need better brushes for drybrushing, I guess. After regaining my calm, I applied another layer of blue wash and a second of green wash for the shadow areas. Right after, I added highliths again on the edges of each scale, and I fixed mistakes by adding dabs of blue paint, mixed with washes and water. In summary, it was long and tedious, and the result remains a little disappointing, in comparison with the desired goal.

Haha, I really do hate when one step throws off how you'd like a model to look.

In all honesty, judging from what I can see in the final pictures, I wouldn't have been able to tell you ran into that trouble at all. The troggoth looks gorgeous, and it's given me some ideas for my own projects!

Rowwwsdower
    WIP Thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...wwsdower-s-WIP

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun."

- Zap Rowsdower

Thank you Rowwwsdower, anyway I'm going to try to do it again, for the better
    Having said that, the next one is launched !

Name:  troggoth02wip01.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  552.0 KB

a little more has been done... I feel tired this week, I’m not moving as fast as I’d like.

Name:  troggoth02wip02.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  560.2 KB

Still looks pretty darn good to me!

I like what I’ve seen of your style. I like how you use definite lines to show volumes & add some texture. Looks a bit like an illustration.