Houses of the Noldo

Thread: Houses of the Noldo

Default Houses of the Noldo

Greetings friends,

I've been meaning to create a new WIP thread to post pics of my extremely slow painting.

Anyways, below are pics of the latest House I have been working on these past few months. Yes, I've been only doing this one for that time........

Here is also my IG: I may post more content here for those who are interested. https://www.instagram.com/silmarillionminis/

Last edited by Silmarillion; 11-16-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Hi there ;-)
    Slow painting is of no matter, as long as you're not participating in a "speed-painting" competition.
    Taking a look at your colour transitions, they're proofing a "slow hand".
    Looks like this guy is waiting for a mount. If you're interested to get some hints, remarks, advices, folks here
    a not shy providing it.
    So welcome to the forum.

yeah, I'll be starting on the horse soon. Will be my first time trying to create muscular textures on horses. I'll be posting WIP pictures

Looks great! The clean paint job suits the figure. I like the NMM on the sword and the folds in the cloth.
    The shield freehand looks amazing, can you post some better pictures of it?

Thanks! Here's one for the shield.

That looks super cool! Nicely symmetrical, and the lines are smooth.

more progress on the horse. With a family photo

Your work is very accurate, this is impressive ! stunning nmm and nice freehand paint on the shield. I understand why you take your time, it's worth it.

thanks guys! I'm finally getting quicker with really good results after all these years of working on NMM

After a long time working on this guy, I can finally say he's finished.

Hope you like it!

More pics on my IG
    https://www.instagram.com/silmarillionminis/

Great layering skillz

Love the shield! I always admire good free-hand work!

Several of these riders are going to look awesome grouped together. My only criticism would be not drawing attention to the Wallace and Gromit/sex doll mouth if that’s the way it’s sculpted. Doesn’t matter how long it takes you to paint. As the saying goes.....it’s not the destination but rather the journey that’s important.

Exactly. I am not bothered at all to take forever to paint something, especially with my schooling currently which takes precedence. I'll hopefully have an army by the age of 60 lol