Adaptative Methods + Cunning Scheme

Thread: Adaptative Methods + Cunning Scheme

Default Adaptative Methods + Cunning Scheme

Hey guys,

Can I play those two cards while I control the Letter to only do the bottom part of the card even though I can't fullfill the first part of the ability ?

I'd say so. Nothing on the cards suggests that one part is conditional on the other.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    I'd say so. Nothing on the cards suggests that one part is conditional on the other.
    That's the point. Half of people say no, the other half say yes...

Never seen the "real" answer anywhere.

Bump !

Still waiting for an answer

Quote Originally Posted by GWItheUltimate View Post
    Bump !

Still waiting for an answer
    You got an answer, it just didn't satisfy you. Maybe someone will come along with a different answer eventually but I doubt there will be a more compelling case for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MechMage View Post
    You got an answer, it just didn't satisfy you. Maybe someone will come along with a different answer eventually but I doubt there will be a more compelling case for it.
    I'm guessing GWitheUltimate is looking for "official." I'd cast a "Summon Michael" spell, but I'm lacking some of the components.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    I'm guessing GWitheUltimate is looking for "official." I'd cast a "Summon Michael" spell, but I'm lacking some of the components.

Yes I'm looking for "official" because, nothing against you, I have like 15 persons that tells me the first part is mandatory, 15 persons that tells me the first part is not mandatory but has to be done before the second part, and like 15 persons that tells me that you can do first and second part in the order that you want and thus the first part is not mandatory !

So any comments from non-official persons just adds to those stats but is not solving the issue ;-)

if you skim through the forum you will find an official answer under disguise in other threads

second part is not mandatory neither is first
    Triple F.

Fight F@k Fight

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzu View Post
    if you skim through the forum you will find an official answer under disguise in other threads

second part is not mandatory neither is first
    Link ?? ---

There is no "set order" in resolving the text of a card, unless it specifically states to do so (such as "and then" or similar wording), and as serbaelish noted, nothing on this card dictates such an order of resolution. Neither section are dependent on each other.

If effect timing contests, the owner decides the order, per Simultaneous Effects rules.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Michael Shinall View Post
    There is no "set order" in resolving the text of a card, unless it specifically states to do so (such as "and then" or similar wording), and as serbaelish noted, nothing on this card dictates such an order of resolution. Neither section are dependent on each other.

If effect timing contests, the owner decides the order, per Simultaneous Effects rules.
    Thanks a lot!