Tywin Update with 1.5

Thread: Tywin Update with 1.5

Default Tywin Update with 1.5

Hey, just wanted to check if the Tywin NCU update that came with 1.4 is canceled with 1.5 as it isn't included in official documents anymore?

The 1.4 version is still in War Council so I think it's still live.

There would have been a note on that if there had been a reversion--1.4 Tywin is still in force.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by Failix View Post
    Hey, just wanted to check if the Tywin NCU update that came with 1.4 is canceled with 1.5 as it isn't included in official documents anymore?
    This seems like an oversight to me. There are plenty of 1.4 cards in the 1.5 document. Perhaps it was deleted in formatting (7 cards don't fit on one page)

The change is not necessary anymore. The core rules changed so that anything that takes away either a units or an attachments ability, now takes away both.

Quote Originally Posted by Codfather View Post
    The change is not necessary anymore. The core rules changed so that anything that takes away either a units or an attachments ability, now takes away both.
    This is not true. If an effect only targets attachments it only targets attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    This is not true. If an effect only targets attachments it only targets attachments.
    Ah I see. So if something removes a units abilities it removes both the units ability and what the attachment grants. However if something specifies attachment, it only turns off that attachment.

Do you know if the original Tywin turned off a units ability? If so that would explain why its not in the errata as the 1.4 change would be superfluous

Quote Originally Posted by Codfather View Post
    Ah I see. So if something removes a units abilities it removes both the units ability and what the attachment grants. However if something specifies attachment, it only turns off that attachment.

Do you know if the original Tywin turned off a units ability? If so that would explain why its not in the errata as the 1.4 change would be superfluous

original Tywin only shut off attachments and that is why he didn’t get much play.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettlanpher View Post
    original Tywin only shut off attachments and that is why he didn’t get much play.
    Huh, well there goes my theory

The Lannister 1.5 FAQ has been updated. Tywin is back in.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger