Dothraki Hrakkar

Thread: Dothraki Hrakkar

Default Dothraki Hrakkar

I’ve recently noticed suppliers in the UK advertising the Dothraki Hrakkar. Despite having read the novels twice, I had to check on a Wiki of Ice and Fire To identify what they were. Apparently the ‘Hrakkar are a breed of white lion native to the Dothraki sea.’ one injures Drogo when he is hunting it.

I’m therefore assuming they are a Targaryen version of Direwolves. Single beasties roaming the battlefield, causing mayhem and general discomfort.

CMON LTD A SONG OF ICE & FIRE TABLETOP MINIATURES GAME - TARGARYEN DOTHRAKI HRAKKARS EXPANSION
    Code: B-MG-CMNSIF604

Anyone heard anything more about them?
    Last edited by rkesterton; 12-17-2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Missed word

This is the photo of the wiki. This is a very cool idea for the game

Quite interesting and i like the diversity they're going for. Since it's a boxed set in the plural form, I wonder if they'll be a unit of "monsters" sort of a cavalry styled Bastard Girls, or solo units.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 12-18-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    Quite interesting and i like the diversity they're going for. Since it's a boxed set in the plural form, I wonder if they'll be a unit of "monsters" sort of a cavalry styled Bastard Girls, or solo units.
    Veterans are already cavalry-style Bastard Girls

I suspect they'll be a unit of cavalry wearing lion-pelt coats. Iirc Drago hunts one and gives a coat to Dany at one point.

My first thought was they would be riders as well, it seems more realistic of a release. But the idea of lion units is mega cool and I want approve. I doubt there will be nonmounted dothraki units so probably not like the bolton hounds. As a war game wolf/solo units but lions would be ideal, but most likely we'll be getting pelted armor riders.

Quote Originally Posted by AnorexicShark View Post
    My first thought was they would be riders as well, it seems more realistic of a release. But the idea of lion units is mega cool and I want approve. I doubt there will be nonmounted dothraki units so probably not like the bolton hounds. As a war game wolf/solo units but lions would be ideal, but most likely we'll be getting pelted armor riders.
    I wrote my idea unclearly i guess. They could be a unit of 4 lionesses working like a cavalry unit, perhaps with a dothraki rider to lead them. That'd be unique (like the bastard girls which are working like infantry), who knows, maybe lion riders :P.

Male lions could definitely be solo, if tamed somehow like the direwolves.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 12-18-2019 at 08:21 AM.

I also thought they might be a form of Uber-elite cavalry, but I feel like lions would be cooler. Especially single model units. I think with Second Sons, Unsullied etc. that the Dothraki will only be a part of this army.

Even if a unit of lions (or a single giant Lion) could be very cool, it's not very "realistic" : Dothrakis hunt the Hrakkar, they don't tamed them.
    I think the same as AutumnLeaves, they will be some elite Dothrakis wearing lion-pelt coats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanghar View Post
    Even if a unit of lions (or a single giant Lion) could be very cool, it's not very "realistic" : Dothrakis hunt the Hrakkar, they don't tamed them.
    I think the same as AutumnLeaves, they will be some elite Dothrakis wearing lion-pelt coats.
    Oh i think the same as well, i just let my imagination running wild a little is all.