Dothraki Hrakkar
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Dothraki Hrakkar

  1. #1

    Default Dothraki Hrakkar

    I’ve recently noticed suppliers in the UK advertising the Dothraki Hrakkar. Despite having read the novels twice, I had to check on a Wiki of Ice and Fire To identify what they were. Apparently the ‘Hrakkar are a breed of white lion native to the Dothraki sea.’ one injures Drogo when he is hunting it.

    I’m therefore assuming they are a Targaryen version of Direwolves. Single beasties roaming the battlefield, causing mayhem and general discomfort.

    CMON LTD A SONG OF ICE & FIRE TABLETOP MINIATURES GAME - TARGARYEN DOTHRAKI HRAKKARS EXPANSION
    Code: B-MG-CMNSIF604

    Anyone heard anything more about them?
    Last edited by rkesterton; 12-17-2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Missed word

  2. #2

    Default



    This is the photo of the wiki. This is a very cool idea for the game

  3. #3

    Default

    Quite interesting and i like the diversity they're going for. Since it's a boxed set in the plural form, I wonder if they'll be a unit of "monsters" sort of a cavalry styled Bastard Girls, or solo units.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 12-18-2019 at 12:35 AM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    Quite interesting and i like the diversity they're going for. Since it's a boxed set in the plural form, I wonder if they'll be a unit of "monsters" sort of a cavalry styled Bastard Girls, or solo units.
    Veterans are already cavalry-style Bastard Girls

    I suspect they'll be a unit of cavalry wearing lion-pelt coats. Iirc Drago hunts one and gives a coat to Dany at one point.

  5. #5

    Default

    My first thought was they would be riders as well, it seems more realistic of a release. But the idea of lion units is mega cool and I want approve. I doubt there will be nonmounted dothraki units so probably not like the bolton hounds. As a war game wolf/solo units but lions would be ideal, but most likely we'll be getting pelted armor riders.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnorexicShark View Post
    My first thought was they would be riders as well, it seems more realistic of a release. But the idea of lion units is mega cool and I want approve. I doubt there will be nonmounted dothraki units so probably not like the bolton hounds. As a war game wolf/solo units but lions would be ideal, but most likely we'll be getting pelted armor riders.
    I wrote my idea unclearly i guess. They could be a unit of 4 lionesses working like a cavalry unit, perhaps with a dothraki rider to lead them. That'd be unique (like the bastard girls which are working like infantry), who knows, maybe lion riders :P.

    Male lions could definitely be solo, if tamed somehow like the direwolves.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 12-18-2019 at 08:21 AM.

  7. #7

  8. #8

    Default

    I also thought they might be a form of Uber-elite cavalry, but I feel like lions would be cooler. Especially single model units. I think with Second Sons, Unsullied etc. that the Dothraki will only be a part of this army.

  9. #9

    Default

    Even if a unit of lions (or a single giant Lion) could be very cool, it's not very "realistic" : Dothrakis hunt the Hrakkar, they don't tamed them.
    I think the same as AutumnLeaves, they will be some elite Dothrakis wearing lion-pelt coats.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanghar View Post
    Even if a unit of lions (or a single giant Lion) could be very cool, it's not very "realistic" : Dothrakis hunt the Hrakkar, they don't tamed them.
    I think the same as AutumnLeaves, they will be some elite Dothrakis wearing lion-pelt coats.
    Oh i think the same as well, i just let my imagination running wild a little is all.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->