Affiliation mechanic. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Affiliation mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by AlxRaven View Post
    Based on how all the other attachments with an Affiliation ability are set up, I’d say no.

He’d count if there was something that looked for Crannogman Warden’s unit, but not just a Crannogman unit.

I think it’s safe to assume that if it’s in the name of the unit, not an attachment, that they are considered to have that affiliation.
    That is how I would play it as well, but since there are no rules governing this, it is open to interpretation.

True. But that’s a level of Rules Lawyeriness that would have me looking for a different opponent after the match was done. While there is no rule stating how it works, the intent is pretty clear, based on other game content. To me at least.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Quote Originally Posted by AlxRaven View Post
    True. But that’s a level of Rules Lawyeriness that would have me looking for a different opponent after the match was done. While there is no rule stating how it works, the intent is pretty clear, based on other game content. To me at least.
    While I do see where you are coming from, I have playad a lot of Warmachine (Hordes), where if any part of a unit has a subtype (which includes attachment names) that unit counts as having that subtype. So if someone with a similar background might as well consider you (or me) to be the rules lawyer for denying them to use what they consider legal combos (synergy), which is why I hope this will be officially addressed asap.

Understandable. Different game backgrounds, different outlooks.

For this game, if the Crannogman Warden bestowed the Crannogman Affiliation simply by having the name and being attached, then there would have been no need to put the Clegane Affiliation on Sandor Clegane’s card, the Tully Affiliation on Brynden Tully’s card, etc...

I guess you could say it works like Hordes, for Attachments with an Affiliation Ability.
    House - Ravenhurst

Really? This seems very surprising. This would mean I've been building my Clegane Lannister lists at a big disadvantage.

All of the Mountain's Men count as Clegane units? I'm not sure I believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahad View Post
    Really? This seems very surprising. This would mean I've been building my Clegane Lannister lists at a big disadvantage.

All of the Mountain's Men count as Clegane units? I'm not sure I believe it.
    Anything with House Clegane in its name. Just as House Umber Berserkers and House Umber Greataxes are both House Umber units.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    Anything with House Clegane in its name. Just as House Umber Berserkers and House Umber Greataxes are both House Umber units.
    It makes a lot of sense, I guess I just never considered the name of a unit to have game meaning.

Given the content of this thread, I think a FAQ entry would be nice. Just to keep things clear for everyone.
    House - Ravenhurst