Commander been removed

Thread: Commander been removed

Default Commander been removed

My question maybe a simple answer and I'm sure the answer is no. But I'll ask anyway.
    The scenario is this; my commander was Renly baratheon, a couple of his cards trigger from his unit or has a range from his unit. So my opponent played Jaqen (first turn) claimed swords and rolled a 6 killing Renly.
    So my question is, the unit that Renly was in does that still count for his cards or has that now crippled 4 out of my 20 cards for the rest of the match?

If Renly is dead he's dead. I assume your actual question is "is it still Renly's unit", in which case no, because he is not in it.

Yes that's what I ment thank you, just shows how powerful jaqen can be 😳 guess that's what the 5 points is for

Some commanders are especially vulnerable to assassinations because of that. Eddard Stark comes to mind as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    Some commanders are especially vulnerable to assassinations because of that. Eddard Stark comes to mind as well.
    Yeah, Ned's definitely vulnerable to being killed before his time

This is kind of what i figured in the Jaqen rolling a 6 case. And just so I'm clear: If I have cards attached to Stannis's unit that do special things because it's Stannis's unit ("Oath of Duty" for example), I don't discard the cards from the unit if he gets assassinated right? I just stop applying the Stannis-specific bonus because he's dead, correct? So it'd be as if you had attached those cards to a plain unit?

That's how i would do it as well. It's just the Stannis (or any other attachment) effect that gets turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    That's how i would do it as well. It's just the Stannis (or any other attachment) effect that gets turned off.
    Yeah that’s how I interpreted it. The tactics card-driven abilities can stay, but the Stannis extra bonus is gone. So with Tactical Approach, the unit would go from getting 3 extra wounds to having to roll a D3 like any other unit.

If a Character is removed from a unit, it is not longer "X's Unit".

In the specific question of Stannis' cards, it's exactly as said above- you will maintain whatever benefit of the card still applies (e.g. everything but the bonus "If this is Stannis' unit" text).
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft