Pre-orders in Canada - some issues

Thread: Pre-orders in Canada - some issues

Default Pre-orders in Canada - some issues

It seems that my local store have problems pre-ordering stuff from Asmodee.

They tell me that they can't know in advance what they will be sent until a week before. As such we can't really secure a pre-order on anything since the Baratheon starter set and faction banners. I leave them a list of what i believe will get out (finding previews on the net),and if i am lucky they can order them once they see the code for that product.

For example, there is no way to pre-order skinchangers from the stores i look at.

I was still able to find everything that was released so far, but this "blind" ordering system is pretty clunky. Do you guys face a similar issue?
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 01-13-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Yep sounds about right.

Great game, shit distribution

Aye, the crap distribution is more than likely going to kill this game outside of the USA.

Luckily, there is always eBay.
    The objective of the game is to win. The point of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by stonehorse View Post
    Aye, the crap distribution is more than likely going to kill this game outside of the USA.

Luckily, there is always eBay.
    Yes, but it is more expensive, and it does not serve CMON to push the game into stores.

Their distribution isn't great in the US either (although likely better than Europe and Canada).
    It is a huge pain to have tons of things that are just impossible to find. Umber Greataxes, Neutral Heroes 2, Tully Cav, etc.
    Honestly one of the reasons I play FreeFolk is that I could find the stuff in stock!

Yeah it's bad got targaryen starter pre ordered god nos when I'll get it. You have to be fast when the stores in England get stock as it go's fast. And don't think I've ever seen a nights watch starter ever in stock surely cmon must see this???

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeangel View Post
    Yeah it's bad got targaryen starter pre ordered god nos when I'll get it. You have to be fast when the stores in England get stock as it go's fast. And don't think I've ever seen a nights watch starter ever in stock surely cmon must see this???
    We're supposed to see the Targaryen's set this week-end here too...or at least i hope. As you say, and that's what i tell my local store: if you're not fast in getting stock as soon as its released by Asmodee, things disappear really quick and even stores can't get them.

I hope it does mean there's much interest, but it might have more to do with CMON's production model as well. Has there been reprints of anything once a wave has gone out?

Yes I would say so but it just takes time to get restocked theres always plenty of freefolk stock but suppose thats because most players have what they want for that faction although I wouldn't mind some thenns always seems to be plenty of nights watch expansions simply because you can't get the starter, wish I had picked up the deck of nights watch tactics cards when I saw them on ebay then you could build a army with the heroes 1 to get the NCU's and a commander not perfect but good enough to field an army.

from the midwest in the us, there really arent any stores around here that sell asoiaf. I buy most from amazon but here recently ive been ordering from Asia because its been the only way to get newer releases. its more expensive and I wont keep buying the majority that way but the supply issues are pretty much across the board so to speak. a handful of "older" boxes have been out of stock for half a year or more too. I've also noticed pieces from the new releases being broken and incomplete with missing hands, broken weapons, ect. So not only are the new pieces in short supply but theres also a quality control issue. For example my targ box came with 1/3 of the models broken and i had to glue stuff back together and find replacement parts from other games to mend the models.

Quote Originally Posted by AnorexicShark View Post
    from the midwest in the us, there really arent any stores around here that sell asoiaf. I buy most from amazon but here recently ive been ordering from Asia because its been the only way to get newer releases. its more expensive and I wont keep buying the majority that way but the supply issues are pretty much across the board so to speak. a handful of "older" boxes have been out of stock for half a year or more too. I've also noticed pieces from the new releases being broken and incomplete with missing hands, broken weapons, ect. So not only are the new pieces in short supply but theres also a quality control issue. For example my targ box came with 1/3 of the models broken and i had to glue stuff back together and find replacement parts from other games to mend the models.
    I have two Targaryen starters coming in, no idea how the store got them (from Toronto). Will keep an eye for broken things.

Obviously we can't expect games workshop style of stock/inventory, but some starter sets are seemingly hard to get. Local store only has 1 Baratheon and 1 Free Folk starter. Even Asmodee's webstore has Targaryen starters out of stock already O.o
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 01-20-2020 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnorexicShark View Post
    Asmodee at least does have a robust replacement portal, they will easily send you replacement models for anything broken for free. Sucks ya gotta use broken stuff in the mean time tho