It Shall Not End Until My Death Vs Overrun.

Thread: It Shall Not End Until My Death Vs Overrun.

Default It Shall Not End Until My Death Vs Overrun.

If Tormund Giantsbane's unit destroys a unit on their activation (which means that player has priority for timing conflicts), does the Overrun order trigger first, and prevent the Nightswatch the chance to activate their Tactic Card?

They both trigger off a unit being destroyed, the only difference is one says 'when' and the other says 'would'.
    The objective of the game is to win. The point of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused.

"Would" be destroyed and "when" a unit is destroyed are not the same trigger.

"Would" happens before a unit is destroyed, and in this case is actually preventing the event from happening at all, meaning opponent cannot play Overrun to begin with

Thanks... my gaming mindset is quite casual, for example round and turn are interchangeable to me. So the finer points of semantics are not something I find 'fun' in gaming. Having to argue about the implications of commas and full stops is what lead to me dropping out of MtG. I'll try to adapt to that sort of mind set in future.
    The objective of the game is to win. The point of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused.

Thankfully that level of semantics doesn’t come up here often, so it shouldn’t be too much of a pain. I’m a heavily casual player myself, and have had experience with other games where an English degree was basically an unwritten game requirement. They’ve done a good job of keeping a lot of that at a minimum here.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”