Scorpions

Thread: Scorpions

Default Scorpions

My first time painting anything bigger than a single figure. I really need to start messing around with basing, just worries I’ll ruin my work...

Name:  D76DB056-319C-4FCB-88DF-B5C7EF710C4B.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  1.21 MB

Name:  E143494E-E82A-45E2-B090-9AD46D757DE7.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  1.12 MB
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Wow.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

They're so much better than mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom74 View Post
    They're so much better than mine...
    An artist is always their own worst critic. Yours are good, and I’m sure will only get better. Mine are no where near as good as others I’ve seen posted here. And I’ve been doing this for a few years now, so I’ve been able to figure out what works for me, and what doesn’t. And what my personal preferences are.

The important thing to remember is that there is no “one way to rule them all” when it comes to painting. It’s an art, which makes it personal to the artist. Look at others work. Ask questions if you don’t know how something was done. Watch online videos (Sorastro is amazing. He’s who most people start with). Keep the techniques that make sense and work for you, and don’t worry about the others.

If you’re worried about messing up your minis as you try things out...the zombies from any edition of Zombicide, if you have it, make excellent test subjects. If I messed up, I’d just think “they’re a zombie, they’re supposed to look bad!”. Another option is pick up some cheap green army men.

Quote Originally Posted by AlxRaven View Post
    An artist is always their own worst critic. Yours are good, and I’m sure will only get better. Mine are no where near as good as others I’ve seen posted here. And I’ve been doing this for a few years now, so I’ve been able to figure out what works for me, and what doesn’t. And what my personal preferences are.

The important thing to remember is that there is no “one way to rule them all” when it comes to painting. It’s an art, which makes it personal to the artist. Look at others work. Ask questions if you don’t know how something was done. Watch online videos (Sorastro is amazing. He’s who most people start with). Keep the techniques that make sense and work for you, and don’t worry about the others.

If you’re worried about messing up your minis as you try things out...the zombies from any edition of Zombicide, if you have it, make excellent test subjects. If I messed up, I’d just think “they’re a zombie, they’re supposed to look bad!”. Another option is pick up some cheap green army men.
    Aha thanks I'm just starting out so I keep seeing all these really detailed models and thinking damn I have so far to go lol

You’ll get there, I have no doubt. I look back on my first minis and see how far I’ve come. You’d have thought Stormtroopers would have been easy. Lol
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”