Nights Watch Activation Banner

Thread: Nights Watch Activation Banner

Default Nights Watch Activation Banner

Thoughts and tips/ideas or advice always welcome and appreciated, I'm still starting out so all advice and critique is really helpful
    Name:  20200128_135449.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  725.3 KB

Looks good!!

I still need to pick these up, and was debating how best to paint them. Will definitely use yours for some reference.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Quote Originally Posted by AlxRaven View Post
    Looks good!!

I still need to pick these up, and was debating how best to paint them. Will definitely use yours for some reference.
    That dead set made my day aha, when you paint them you've gotta send me a picture

Will do, mate.

Painting Night’s Watch has been a balancing act of sticking close to the black on black on black motif from the books, and where I can get away with adding some color. And what color to add...

The silver and grey for the crow and trim fit well, and the dash of color from the rope breaks it up a bit. Good eye.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Nice work. You may try adding a little white to the ends of the feathers on the banner or some brown stripes to make them look a little more natural.
    Dark blue can also be used to highlight the edges of the feathers. Crow feathers frequently look blue in the light.
    Just a thought if you were looking for how to dial visual impact up a notch

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahad View Post
    Nice work. You may try adding a little white to the ends of the feathers on the banner or some brown stripes to make them look a little more natural.
    Dark blue can also be used to highlight the edges of the feathers. Crow feathers frequently look blue in the light.
    Just a thought if you were looking for how to dial visual impact up a notch
    Thanks heaps I'll try that out

Thank you