moving and

Thread: moving and

Default moving and

rules says :
    (1) IMPASSABLE terrain : Units may pivot over, but otherwise never move into, through, or end overlapping, this Terrain piece.
    (2) When a Combat Unit performs a Maneuver action, it may first be pivoted to face any direction. You may then move it directly forward up to its Speed Stat. Once this move is completed, the unit may then again be pivoted to face any direction.

So the mouvements in figures below (1) and (2) are both illegal ?

The X unit was Stark bowmen willling to move away. I guess too close to palisade for easily go away...

Name:  pivoting_through_terrain.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  37.0 KB

Both options would be legal moves, per the rules you stated. As long as in example 2, it was completed by pivoting, moving, then pivoting again.

Basically, as long as the only time you cross the terrain piece is during a pivot, you’re good.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Quote Originally Posted by AlxRaven View Post
    As long as in example 2, it was completed by pivoting, moving, then pivoting again.
    Yes, this was the idea. That's why I was wondering : in (1) and (2) figures the units moves through the impassable terrain (palisade) so it goes against rule (1). Or am I wrong ?

Technically they are moving through it, but they are doing so by pivoting over it, which makes it ok.

What would not be ok is if they pivoted and then moved onto or across it.
    House - Ravenhurst

Actually, while you can pivot over impassible terrain, you have to be off the terrain when the pivot is finished.

So both the illustrations you've posted above would indeed be illegal. Your only real option if you have something impassible directly in front of you is to make a complete 180.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Is the pivot-manoeuvre-pivot sequence not treated as one single move, therefore allowing you to move through impassible terrain as in the diagrams?

Name:  Pivot.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  19.4 KB
    Chaos is a ladder.

It is, but if you are undertaking any part of that move while on impassible terrain other than the pivot you would be moving through it, which is not allowed.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    It is, but if you are undertaking any part of that move while on impassible terrain other than the pivot you would be moving through it, which is not allowed.
    Ugh... I’ve totally been playing that wrong due to poor interpretation. But that makes perfect sense when put that way.
    House - Ravenhurst