Need official help on rules

Thread: Need official help on rules

Exclamation Need official help on rules

Hello everyone, and sorry if for some of you (telling the truth I'm quite sure even for me) the question is dumb but I need it from someone highly located in the hierarchy of the game to make my game group accept it, I've already posted on the International page on Facebook the question but common knowledge appears to not be enough so here I am, the question is the following :

What does it appen when a NW Scorpion gains Critical Blow and shots Volley Fire if one or more 6's are rolled?

Thank you for your help and patience!

Quote Originally Posted by IlNeroGiullare View Post
    Hello everyone, and sorry if for some of you (telling the truth I'm quite sure even for me) the question is dumb but I need it from someone highly located in the hierarchy of the game to make my game group accept it, I've already posted on the International page on Facebook the question but common knowledge appears to not be enough so here I am, the question is the following :

What does it appen when a NW Scorpion gains Critical Blow and shots Volley Fire if one or more 6's are rolled?

Thank you for your help and patience!
    How does it gain critical? I think the answer will be plus 1 hit assuming it's a legal card played. No way is it 6 hits.

Couple things.

1. Rules questions should be posted in the rules forum

2. This exact question has been asked. In the future, please use the search.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...itical-blow”

3. As stated in that thread, Critical Blow expressly does NOT "add" Hits. It states a given effect that happen on a roll of a six, the exact same wording as the base Scorpion effect. Both of these are replacing what happens when you roll a six. Nothing, in either effect, is ADDING or is CUMULATIVE with anything--they are both replacing.

So in this case, if you, for whatever reason, gave the Scorpion Critical Blow, you have just reduced its ability from "Rolls of 6 cause 3 Hits" to "Rolls of 6 cause 2 Hits".

If someone is trying to argue that either is adding ANYTHING, they are themselves adding rules that do not exist on either card.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion=Heroes View Post
    How does it gain critical? I think the answer will be plus 1 hit assuming it's a legal card played. No way is it 6 hits.
    There are tactics cards that can let it gain Critical Blow

Critical Blow doesn't add one hit though, it says "Rolls of a 6 cause 2 hits"
    This would mean that giving it critical blow would make it cause 2 hits on the roll of a 6 to hit, and 3 hits on any other successful hit - not a very good use of that card!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    Couple things.

1. Rules questions should be posted in the rules forum

2. This exact question has been asked. In the future, please use the search.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...itical-blow”

3. As stated in that thread, Critical Blow expressly does NOT "add" Hits. It states a given effect that happen on a roll of a six, the exact same wording as the base Scorpion effect. Both of these are replacing what happens when you roll a six. Nothing, in either effect, is ADDING or is CUMULATIVE with anything--they are both replacing.

So in this case, if you, for whatever reason, gave the Scorpion Critical Blow, you have just reduced its ability from "Rolls of 6 cause 3 Hits" to "Rolls of 6 cause 2 Hits".

If someone is trying to argue that either is adding ANYTHING, they are themselves adding rules that do not exist on either card.
    Thank you, I'm sorry I've posted in this section but I needed more than the rule (that I'd tried to explain for something like 2 hours) an authoritative voice that confirmed how things works, poor words, I needed someone with weight on the Rules. Sorry again for the trouble and THANK you very much for the patience of answering me anyway!