cut them down

Thread: cut them down

Default cut them down

Hello
    i would have some precision about these case in 1.5.1 version
    Name:  78C36636-CC77-4C1C-A9AB-D02729E87CD7.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  1.17 MB

Bonelord chosen have « cut them down » ability, like the Weeper.
    if the knights of casterly rock fail their panic test, they will suffer 1D3+1 wounds (as normal) and additionnal +2 or +4 for « cut them down » ability ?
    In other words, can I cumulate the effect of 2 cut them down if abilities became from 2 different units ?
    thanks

From FAQ, different model, same exact question:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  9.3 KB

In your case it would be d3+5 wounds!! Cut them down OP!

Oops
    i should read faq closelier, sorry

it’s very hard to play against this, vicious and cut them down ... it’s a dreadful combo

lannister and free folk can have multiple CTD abilities, and have lot of vicious units (mountain men and Lannister supremacy/cave dweller, followers and skinchanger bear) to fail panic test.

New outlook for my free folk

Quote Originally Posted by Fullarchitect View Post
    Yes it is stackable.
    At the risk of being “that guy,” the effect is not stackable. It’s the same effect, but coming from separate units.

Ability stacking is still verboten.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

The faq would seem to disagree with you. I dont think vicious is stackable but clearly cut them down is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion=Heroes View Post
    The faq would seem to disagree with you. I dont think vicious is stackable but clearly cut them down is.
    Cut them down triggers twice its true, but what serbaelish is saying is its technically not "stacking" its just being triggered two times on different units.

It's a semantic arguement, but technically same named effects don't stack, but in cut then downs case, it can be triggered multiple times if it's coming from different units.

Quote Originally Posted by Codfather View Post
    Cut them down triggers twice its true, but what serbaelish is saying is its technically not "stacking" its just being triggered two times on different units.

It's a semantic arguement, but technically same named effects don't stack, but in cut then downs case, it can be triggered multiple times if it's coming from different units.
    Just so. The FAQ is worded in that fashion (imho) so that it is not seen as an exception to the stacking restriction.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Name:  CTD.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  5.1 KB
    Serbaelish is right. Here goes my attemt to clarify it.

Imagine three units:
    A and B are allied units, that both have CTD ability. Third C Unit is enemy Unit engaged with both of these.
    This C Unit fails the Panic Test, triggering CTD ability in both Unit A and Unit B.

Unit A with CTD ability is individual Unit from Unit B. They are not one same Unit, so there is no stacking of ability.
    Unit B with CTD ability is individual Unit from Unit A. They are not one same Unit, so there is no stacking of ability.
    Unit C does not gain CTD ability from Unit A nor Unit B in this scenario. It receives damage from the resolution of these effects.
    CTD ability effect is resolved in Unit A, and CTD ability effect is simultaneously resolved in Unit B (following simultaenous actions rule).
    Resolving these abilities in these two different Units causes damage to Unit C. No stacked abilities.

Following would be CTD ability stacking:
    Unit A and Unit B, already have CTD. Then something would give Unit A CTD ability again; not the damage from the resolution of the CTD ability effect (like above), but the actual ability text called CTB.
    This would be ability stacking; even though A would now have twice the CTD ability, when the ability triggers, the ability effect would be resolved only once for Unit A, not twice, due to stacking rule. Unit B's CTD would be also resolved as normal, regardless of what Unit A has or does not have.

Stacking must happen on the same Unit. It is not stacking if it is in different Units.
    This is how I understood the CTD when I first saw it.