1.5.1 Updates are Live

Thread: 1.5.1 Updates are Live

Default 1.5.1 Updates are Live

The FAQs for the 1.5.1 have been uploaded to the site: https://asoiaf.cmon.com/docs.

There’s also a file just of updated cards, should you want to have them all in one place.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

We'll see how this goes then. Any predictions on which faction will rule the tables this year as it stands?

From some of the early chatter, Free Folk players seem very happy.

Am judging a tourney next week, so will be curious to see if there’s any faction shift.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Well, sure they are happy, they can now play an easy to go 4 Giants list and probably beat every one. Considering they can now deal 1D3+7 wounds and they have been hardened with max. 2 wounds per panic test. Facing 1-2 giants is complicated, you can stop them with cards, but you can't face 4 of them, without any wound on them they easily do 1D3+2 wounds on a 2+ and if you attach them Styr as NCU will be 2D3+2 wounds. This game is starting to seem WH40k..

Quote Originally Posted by Edval View Post
    Well, sure they are happy, they can now play an easy to go 4 Giants list and probably beat every one. Considering they can now deal 1D3+7 wounds and they have been hardened with max. 2 wounds per panic test. Facing 1-2 giants is complicated, you can stop them with cards, but you can't face 4 of them, without any wound on them they easily do 1D3+2 wounds on a 2+ and if you attach them Styr as NCU will be 2D3+2 wounds. This game is starting to seem WH40k..
    I faced a 5 Giant army with 1.5 rules, it was nasty, managed to Kill 2 of them, one with a prolonged assault with Flayed Men, now nerfed in 1.5.1, and the other with a 2 unit Warden Attack.. still lost the game though big time..

I'm a Free Folk player and I think that 4+ giant lists are pretty cheesy. I certainly think that Baratheons and Targaryens don't currently have enough released to deal with them properly.
    The giant buff came at the expense of Cavedwellers, which were a staple and used to be the only reliable damage dealers.
    I'll have to play some games to see how it balances out.