Mousekiller's Orcs with Two Hand Weapons

Thread: Mousekiller's Orcs with Two Hand Weapons

Default Mousekiller's Orcs with Two Hand Weapons

ORC WARRIORS WITH TWO HAND WEAPONS

Manufacturer: Games Workshop

Sculptor: Unknown

With a few test models done, time to start the batch painting.

What I have done so far (to all 20) is the green skin, though some more will be done before calling the skin completely good. From a distance they already have a nice visual effect.

All the paints I am currently using are Games Workshop (although I still have a few reaper master series, many of them dried up being in storage over the last three years).

TEETH: Basecoat of Steel Legion Drab, Layer Karak Stone, Layer Ushabti Bone, Layer Screaming Skull. You have to be very careful not to over layer with teeth, as it is possible to cover up the many layers you are applying.

SKIN: Basecoat of Waaagh Flesh, wash of Agrax Earthshade, dry brush of Waaagh Flesh, drybrush of Warboss Green, followed by a more controlled layering of Warboss Green, a layering of Skarsnik Green, and a final highlight layer of Nurgling Green.

Worked on the red leather bits. The goal is to make them look unified while not all being the same (as, in my mind, orcs would be wearing whatever bits the could scavenge up and not so much have a "standard"). So, going with four leathery colors: red, dark brown, yellow, and black. These will go wherever leather bits should, from the vest, to the pants, to the satchel, etc. From the pictures, I may need to go back in and reintroduce red into some of them.

RED LEATHER: Basecoat of Khorne Red, Wash with Agrax Earthshade, layer a mix of Khorne Red and Balor Brown, wash with Contrast Blood Angels Red, layer with another mix of Khorne Red and Balor Brown, highlight with Balor Brown, and a bit of Contrast Snakebite Leather just in the recesses.

TEETH: Basecoat of Steel Legion Drab, Layer Karak Stone, Layer Ushabti Bone, Layer Screaming Skull. You have to be very careful not to over layer with teeth, as it is possible to cover up the many layers you are applying.

SKIN: Basecoat of Waaagh Flesh, wash of Agrax Earthshade, dry brush of Waaagh Flesh, drybrush of Warboss Green, followed by a more controlled layering of Warboss Green, a layering of Skarsnik Green, and a final highlight layer of Nurgling Green.

Worked on the Yellow leather bits. Time to do the last dominant leather color, the dark brown. I still plan to use a black leather as well, but that will be a mix of dark brown leather and black leather on the belts and boots throughout.

YELLOW LEATHER: Basecoat of Steel Legion Drab, liberal dry brush of Balor Brown, wash with Snakebite leather, layer with Balor Brown, layer with 50/50 mix Balor Brown and Ushabti Bone, final highlight of Ushabti Bone, splotches of yellow glaze.

RED LEATHER: Basecoat of Khorne Red, Wash with Agrax Earthshade, layer a mix of Khorne Red and Balor Brown, wash with Contrast Blood Angels Red, layer with another mix of Khorne Red and Balor Brown, highlight with Balor Brown, and a bit of Contrast Snakebite Leather just in the recesses.

Solid work on those greenz so far.
    And I‘ve put some Waaaagh Flesh on my shopping list
    for next GW visit!

Graishak: I like the Waaaagh Flesh, but something about the skin tone is just off to me overall. Maybe after I finishing bringing it to life...

This past week was about the darker brown leather tops, bottoms, and bags. Next up I will work the black leather bits (boots, belts, etc), and tidy up any leather parts that I missed.

BROWN LEATHER: Base of Rhinox Hide, drybrush Skag Brown, layer Deathclaw Brown, highlight Balor Brown, was with a 50/50 mix of Black Templar and Gore-Grunta Fur

YELLOW LEATHER: Basecoat of Steel Legion Drab, liberal dry brush of Balor Brown, wash with Snakebite leather, layer with Balor Brown, layer with 50/50 mix Balor Brown and Ushabti Bone, final highlight of Ushabti Bone, splotches of yellow glaze.

Did the black leather parts. Now, time to start the metal parts.

BLACK LEATHER: Base of Abaddon Black, drybrush Skavenblight Dinge, layer Stormvermin Fur, highlight Administratum Grey, wash with Black Templar, one more highlight of Administratum Grey.

BROWN LEATHER: Base of Rhinox Hide, drybrush Skag Brown, layer Deathclaw Brown, highlight Balor Brown, was with a 50/50 mix of Black Templar and Gore-Grunta Fur

So, I got sick of batch painting and just concentrated on the unit champion. The idea is that these orcs don't take great care of their equipment (unlike the more sophisticated Black Orc cousins, as you will see with Borgut). It is almost a bit "too" rusty at the moment. Also, fancied up his face a bit. I will start his base up as I wait for comments or ideas.

Too rusty might fit for the armour, but the axe should remain. The weapon is outstanding.
    I'd rather see this being put together out of different metal kinds, which do not need necessarily being rust.
    A final tough could be some blood on the axe, to show that this one has already done it's job ^^.

I like it! The face looks great, and I don't think an orc ever stops to clean his armor