Mr. Color vs Mr. Hobby. Smoothest color transition

Thread: Mr. Color vs Mr. Hobby. Smoothest color transition

Default Mr. Color vs Mr. Hobby. Smoothest color transition

Hi there. Which mix: Mr. Color + Mr. Color Leveling thinner or Mr. Hobby + Mr. Hobby Thinner are best for smoothest transition between colors?
    i used to paint Vallejo, but it dryes too fast is airbrush even with thinner and flow improver. Also i tryed Hymbrol enamel, but it dryed too long on stick - cant work with masks.
    Last edited by Zeroone; 02-21-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroone View Post
    but it dryes too fast is airbrush even with thinner and flow improver.
    - both are to make it's flow better. And the thinner actually makes vallejo dry faster, so no wonder you noticed no improvement/dried fast.
    - What you needed was the "drying retarder".
    Also how can it dry too fast (besides with the usage of the thinner)? Do you use VGC or VMC/VAC? I paint 1/6 figures with VMC/VAC + AB and have no problem with drying paint even on such large figures (with those two I use water+flow improver as dilutant, no thinner).

As for the levelling thinner vs thinner:
    - levelling has the added effect, that it fills in small recesses making the surfase more smooth. For transition there is no real difference between them,
    BUT if you work on a properly prepared and primed surface I'd rather use the normal "Mr. Hobby Thinner" as it has less tendency to fill in small details (you can still apply too much paint filling details anyway, but that a problem of usage, not of the thinner).
    Forgot, that it works again.