Jeor NCU 1.5.1 vs Winter is coming

Thread: Jeor NCU 1.5.1 vs Winter is coming

Default Jeor NCU 1.5.1 vs Winter is coming

Winter is coming switches off the player from playing cards and using orders

Jeor protects attached unit from being targeted and effected by orders and tactic cards (with envelope)

Does Jeor bypass WiC?

I believe no since WiC effects the player and not the unit
    Triple F.

Fight F@k Fight

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzu View Post
    Winter is coming switches off the player from playing cards and using orders

Jeor protects attached unit from being targeted and effected by orders and tactic cards (with envelope)

Does Jeor bypass WiC?

I believe no since WiC effects the player and not the unit
    I believe Jeor does not bypass all of WiC. The way I understand is:

1. Stark player can play the card because its not targeting the unit Jeor is influencing
    2. NW player cannot play Tactic cards since tactic cards are not related to the unit Jeor is Influencing
    3. The unit Jeor is Influencing can use orders since they are not affected by WiC.

My 2 cents.
    What is dead may never die, but rises again Harder and Stronger

I’d tend to agree. Jeor’s influence doesn’t go away because of WiC, and it states that his unit can’t be affected by tactics cards.

So he should be able to use orders the turn WiC is active.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

I'm not so sure that the unit can still use Orders as nothing is explicitly affecting the unit in question, just that Orders in general may not be used for the remainder of the turn. The use of "your opponent" seems to suggest that the card affects your opponent and not the unit, though this is likely not the intended effect and a case can be made that though Winter is Coming is not targeting or directly affecting the unit (since it is not stated as "the unit being charged may not use Orders", for example), in the sense of common definitions of words it could be argued that the unit being influenced by Jeor is still impacted by the use of Winter is Coming and as such would still be able to use their Orders regardless.

bumping this up
    Triple F.

Fight F@k Fight