Horses and secret objectives (and some other questions)

Thread: Horses and secret objectives (and some other questions)

Question Horses and secret objectives (and some other questions)

Horse units makes two actions in their activation
    How did this works with some secret objectives and objectives card?

1) there is objective card that can give you card when you claim it. is it possible it horse standing on that objective to move from it with free maneuvre then return with normal action and claim it again?

2) there is secret objective "unit may forfeit any action they would make to instead score 1 VP". is it possible to score two VP with horse units? and is it possible to score extra VP with actions from tactics board (for claiming "Horses" or "Swords")?

3) How in scenario Dark Wings you resolve secret mission "Reveal ... at end of turn if you cotrol the center Objective. Score this Mission if you control that Obj at the ends of next round"?
    For example it is revealed in start of round. You take the centre. Opponent change it at start of next round. Will you recieve points from that mission or not (it is in discard now)?

4) In Fire and Blood when commander unit activates you may place 1 Vp in Long range. Free maneure for horses Commander is made at start of activation. Can you move with free maneur then put VP? As both effects take place at start of activation you should choose isnt it?

Also I want to pay attention of game designers to wording of "Ride by attack". RAW you can use it effect two times in turn - first with free maneur (as by wording it change any action in turn not "normal action") then with normal actions
    Last edited by Valenae; 03-03-2020 at 05:26 AM.

I'm not sure about most of those question but You can't play two copies of Ride-By Attack in the same turn because you can only play one tactics card or use one order in any given order/tactics window, such as When a Friendly Unit Activates. Playing one RBA crowds out the other.

I think most of your challenges is you think the ncu board manuver is an activation. It is a free manuever without activating the unit. I think the answers based on working and timing is
    Yes I believe you can
    No as you only activate once per turn ...unless a character or card removes the activation.
    Not sure what you mean exactly but unit a takes the objective in turn 1 if they still hold it at end of turn 2 you score. If enemy takes it or contested you do not score.
    Already resolved. Only 1 activation a turn normally.

1) Yes.
    2) If the card really says ”action”, then yes. And yes, free actions are actions, so they can be also forfeited for VP, if the card indeed says ”action”.
    3) Hard one, and it is weird card in that mode. I would say yes. the card triggered when it existed, and the effect lingers on, even if card was removed before second scoring phase.
    4) Sounds like a case of simultaneous actions, so then it would be a yes.

MechMage is right on the Ride-by attack, check the trigger of that card.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronx View Post
    MechMage is right on the Ride-by attack, check the trigger of that card.
    Read careefully card. It apply to "actions on units turn"
    So RAW if unit have several actions all of them can be changed by special effect.
    But I sure that was not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenae View Post
    Read careefully card. It apply to "actions on units turn"
    So RAW if unit have several actions all of them can be changed by special effect.
    But I sure that was not intended.
    In what locale are you reading that? There could be differences in how the cards are worded in some other locales than original.

In English the texts do not say anything like that. It says "as its action this turn", which to me reads very specifically as its action; not any possible additional actions from some effects, but as it's action.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronx View Post
    In English the texts do not say anything like that. It says "as its action this turn", which to me reads very specifically as its action; not any possible additional actions from some effects, but as it's action.
    English of course.
    Additional action from effects is still "its action this turn".

I know that this reference to "main" action that unit gets from activation, but RAW any action that unit will perform this turn can be changed with "Ride-by Attack" card.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenae View Post
    English of course.
    Additional action from effects is still "its action this turn".

No, that is absolutely not RAW.

Activation Phase
    The Activation Phase is where the majority of gameplay happens.It is comprised of a series of individual turns, in which players will alternate activating their various units. The First Player takes the first turn each round. On a player’s turn, they will perform the following steps, in order:

• Resolve any Start of Turn effects: Sometimes, players will have effects that specifically trigger at the start of a turn. These effects are resolved before anything else on a player’s turn.

• Select 1 unit to activate: The player will now select 1 of their units that has not yet activated this round to activate. This may be either a Combat Unit or a Non-Combat Unit.This is known as a unit’s activation.

• Unit performs action: The unit will then select and resolve 1 Action (see Actions, pg. 13 and pg. 20).

• Once that unit has completed its action, all players will have 1 additional opportunity to play any cards, trigger Abilities, etc.before the turn ends.

Cavalry can perform a free Maneuver at the start of their Activation. This is not their Action for the turn, which is what Ride-By Attack replaces.