Glue on hair/hide?

Thread: Glue on hair/hide?

Newbie, please be gentle Big_Bunny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Glue on hair/hide?

Is there any product that I can glue on like static grass that simulates fur or hair?

I'm painting up a few old warhammer orcs to be AD&D hobgoblins and I want to give them a laying of fur on their heads and shoulders. I was hoping for maybe something like static grass that I could then brush back a bit.

I don't know of anything specifically for miniatures, but you could always buy some fake fur fabric and cut it to the size and shape you want and trim the fake fur down and could buy at most craft stores or ones that sell cloth for sewing. Other option I can think of is look at Fly Tying material for fly-fishing as you can get real or fake fur that you would have to cut down and trim. I know this is site is in the US, but should have something similar in Sweden: https://www.jsflyfishing.com/fly-tying-furs. The other option would be to get either a two-part epoxy, like greenstuff, or miliput and sculpt it on yourself

Newbie, please be gentle Big_Bunny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the reply!

I was hoping for something specifically for miniatures. Unfortunately, I thought of it only after I'd mostly painted them. Coincidentally enough, I am actually a fly-fisherman and fly-tyer, but I don't have anything that seems suitable for a miniature. I could always just paint it on I guess, but it wouldn't look as good.

I was half considering even just using static grass and painting over it, but I can only imagine that would look like crap.

Thanks for your ideas regardless.

sorry I couldn't help, maybe someone else on here knows something though

I'm afraid I don't know of anything specifically made for that, but what about some very fine flocking? There are lots of colors to choose from and various lengths/sizes. The trick would be making it not look too "mossy", even with brown flock.