When do you choose Brienne's target?

Thread: When do you choose Brienne's target?

Default When do you choose Brienne's target?

For Brienne (Maid of Tarth), it says to use her ability "before depoyment" - is this before you deploy the unit she's in, or before all units have deployed?

As there's nothing in the text in the card that specifies her unit, you can assume that this happens before the deployment phase (i.e., after the battlefield setup has completed).

Timing distinction shouldn't actually matter, though. In tourneys, you'll be exchanging lists before you get to the deployment phase. I'd think it common courtesy to do the same in casual games.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    As there's nothing in the text in the card that specifies her unit, you can assume that this happens before the deployment phase (i.e., after the battlefield setup has completed).

Timing distinction shouldn't actually matter, though. In tourneys, you'll be exchanging lists before you get to the deployment phase. I'd think it common courtesy to do the same in casual games.
    Sure, but the point is you can deploy the unit that's the target after her, and potentially far away from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecaton View Post
    Sure, but the point is you can deploy the unit that's the target after her, and potentially far away from her.
    Well, you just place her right in the center of your deployment zone, and there’s only so far they can put them.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger