Jarl

Thread: Jarl

Default Jarl

Im using jarl alot and thus i find alot of Things that Are Hard to figure out because the rule Are not clear enough i think.
    1. Can the "cancle an attachment" objectiv, cancle jarl so that he cant be placed?
    2. Can Jarls unit be crown snipe or mel sniped while not on the table?
    3. When deploying can i use My first deployment to starte that jarl goes off the map?

1&2: you cannot target units off the table
    3:I'm not sure what you're asking

Let's say you deploy one unit. Then its My turn. I will deploy jarl of table. Then you deploy a seconds unit.
    Is that how it works?

Yes, that would be how the deployment would work.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

This is a bit of a grey area, but I disagree.

Jarl's card instructs that his unit be "off the table instead of deploying." As deploying is the act of "deploying 1 Combat Unit to the battlefield" (rulebook, pg. 26), I'd say that he's noted to be off the table before units start being placed.

Plus, forcing your opponent to place two of their units to one of yours--in addition to the advantage the unit has already--is gaming the phase a bit much, IMHO.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    This is a bit of a grey area, but I disagree.

Jarl's card instructs that his unit be "off the table instead of deploying." As deploying is the act of "deploying 1 Combat Unit to the battlefield" (rulebook, pg. 26), I'd say that he's noted to be off the table before units start being placed.

Plus, forcing your opponent to place two of their units to one of yours--in addition to the advantage the unit has already--is gaming the phase a bit much, IMHO.
    So I gather that you think that, for example, you could deploy two units in Clash of Kings, and then also have Jarl's unit off the board, allowing for 3 units on the board turn 1?
    Last edited by Hecaton; 04-08-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecaton View Post
    So I gather that you think that, for example, you could deploy two units in Clash of Kings, and then also have Jarl's unit off the board, allowing for 3 units on the board turn 1?
    Yes, absolutely. Since he can be brought on to the table via the tactics board, you’d be able to place 3 units in a single round.

But then what happend when jarl dies in clash of kings?
    Can his ability be trigger be again? Or would he have to be deploy as per usual?

Yes, absolutely. Since he can be brought on to the table via the tactics board, you’d be able to place 3 units in a single round.
    I disagree. Since he's placed off the table *instead* of deploying, if you don't deploy him (as in he's not one of your starting 2 units) you don't get to place him off the table and thus can't use his ability to bring him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecaton View Post
    I disagree. Since he's placed off the table *instead* of deploying, if you don't deploy him (as in he's not one of your starting 2 units) you don't get to place him off the table and thus can't use his ability to bring him on.
    Not saying I necessarily disagree with your disagreement, but if he can't use his ability it's an army point wasted.

Not saying I necessarily disagree with your disagreement, but if he can't use his ability it's an army point wasted.
    He can use his ability in any game mode. It just won't get you extra unit on the table in Clash of Kings.