Unsullied Officer

Thread: Unsullied Officer

Default Unsullied Officer

My first post, be gentle.

unsullied Officer

“At the start of a friendly turn: Instead of activating a unit, this unit makes 1 free attack action.”

With the attachment, unsullied officer, the unit get free attack and does that counts as your turn? To me, the word instead give you a choice to make; the unsullied free attack or you can activate a unit. Don’t get 2 swings.

thoughts?

Order says "instead of activating Unit .. makes 1 Free Attack action". So it is a turn without activation.

Sequence of this Order:

- Your turn starts.
    - You trigger that order, instead of activating Unit.
    - Perform the said Free Attack action with that Unit.
    - Attack completes, Free attack action ends.
    - Turn ends.
    - You do not place any activation tokens (you did that Order instead of activating any Units).
    - Next (opponents) turn.

Yes... free attack instead of activating a unit. This makes sense, give an army with low activation count an extra turn. But it is not a free attack before your activation.

Ya, its basically a conditional extra activation, which can potentially offset a disadvantage if you are only playing 6-7 activations

Could you use him even if you don't have a valid attack option? ie no raged attacks and not engaged

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce635 View Post
    Could you use him even if you don't have a valid attack option? ie no raged attacks and not engaged
    In my RAW interpretation, yes, definitely.
    I have heard alternative interpretations also (that you could not).
    I have not seen official answer or source to make sure of this.

But RAW is in my mind clear, this what happens:
    - That Order is triggered At the start of a friendly turn (there is nothing that would not allow you to trigger this, legality is not checked here)
    - That Unit gains Free Attack Action, instead of you activating any other Unit (there is nothing that would not allow you to gain this, legality is not checked here).
    - You start resolving that Free Attack Action (legality is checked when this is being resolved as per rules).
    - You have no legal way to perform attack action, so the action is quite immediately concluded and the action ends.
    - Turn ends.