Honor and Treachery missing rules?
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Honor and Treachery missing rules?

  1. #1

    Question Honor and Treachery missing rules?

    I just got the honor and treachery battle of ravenwood. I’m not sure if I’m missing something but the rules seem incomplete. A lot of the symbols that are on the cards are not explained, and when I tried to look online the symbol for counter attack was called parry in another rule book. Am I missing the actual rules, I got the game sealed from miniature market, or is there an updated rules page somewhere?

  2. #2

    Default Counter attack and parry

    Quote Originally Posted by OmiXile View Post
    I just got the honor and treachery battle of ravenwood. I’m not sure if I’m missing something but the rules seem incomplete. A lot of the symbols that are on the cards are not explained, and when I tried to look online the symbol for counter attack was called parry in another rule book. Am I missing the actual rules, I got the game sealed from miniature market, or is there an updated rules page somewhere?

    Counter attack and parry are technically the same icon on the stat card. Counter attack is a special ability like on the nasier swordsmen, however, it only triggers when your opponent rolls a parry on your stat card...you then have the ability to trigger a counter attack. So yes, they have the same icon, but not every parry will generate a counter attack, only models with the counter attack ability will.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucoryphus4 View Post
    Counter attack and parry are technically the same icon on the stat card. Counter attack is a special ability like on the nasier swordsmen, however, it only triggers when your opponent rolls a parry on your stat card...you then have the ability to trigger a counter attack. So yes, they have the same icon, but not every parry will generate a counter attack, only models with the counter attack ability will.
    Thank you! Do you know what the other icons mean. In the rules provided (quick start rules) it does not say what the x, skull, or arrow mean. I would love to play this with my wife but missing info does not make that possible.

  4. #4

    Default Wrathofkings.com

    Head on over to wrathofkings.com at the top of the page there is a drop down bar go to rules and it's the full rules from the rulebook. I was fortunate enough to catch the rulebook, starter set and multiple other boxes of minis on a hidden gem flash sale at miniature market for my wife and I, but I was happy to see that they have all stat cards, motivations, and faction lore from the book on their website for free pdf download. We play AOS and 40k as well, and GW would never freely give out their literature, so I think that's an awesome service to consumers on CMON's part. Hope this helps, and hope you guys have fun.

  5. #5

    Default

    You'll find all of the symbols meanings under "the defense chart" section of the rules. And if you plan on expanding the starter set, it tells you how to figure up your rank cost, morale, and the number you can include based on the size game you want to play.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucoryphus4 View Post
    Head on over to wrathofkings.com at the top of the page there is a drop down bar go to rules and it's the full rules from the rulebook. I was fortunate enough to catch the rulebook, starter set and multiple other boxes of minis on a hidden gem flash sale at miniature market for my wife and I, but I was happy to see that they have all stat cards, motivations, and faction lore from the book on their website for free pdf download. We play AOS and 40k as well, and GW would never freely give out their literature, so I think that's an awesome service to consumers on CMON's part. Hope this helps, and hope you guys have fun.

    I just found out, by looking at reviews, that there are free advanced rules online from CMON that explain a lot of the missing rules. It kind of sucks that that was not explained on the quick rules, or that there are free rules on there website to explain more of the game.

  7. #7

    Default

    For future reference and so others know it can be found here: http://wrathofkings.com/ks/wp-conten...6/08/Rules.pdf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->