After a 7 year hiatus. White Speaker mini

Thread: After a 7 year hiatus. White Speaker mini

Default After a 7 year hiatus. White Speaker mini

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is staying safe during these trying times.
    With that being said, with so much staying indoors, I thought I would get back into some painting. I have hoped to improve since my last one...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/71797814@N08/49938047017/in/photolist-2j5RxyD

Hope the link works

Have a good one everyone.

the painting looks quite nice, but the image is too small and too big at the same time. 640px width at today's resolutions (HD or 4K most of the time) is tiny. At the same time the front is shown 3.5 times (first 2 and last 2 are basically the same view), back 2 times making it vertically large.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Out of curiosity, what's the standard resolution nowadays? Maybe I can re-upload the images for better viewing. I don't really know how to properly take mini photos.

mostly around HD (1920x1080) and up. With people more up to date with their computers more into the 4k.

In my opinion if the pic is about double width it'll look quite nice on screen. As for vertically if you use pics 1,3,4,6,9 (the closeups) it shows the mini from all sides, the angle difference for the others are not that different from these.

About the mini:
    - looks good with some nice shading, transitions and osl.

there are some inconsistencies:
    - nmm golds: the braces on the ankle look great, on the legs they look more just yellow (I think some extra dark colors used on the ankle braces are missing or too small therefore less contrasty)
    - stone faces look a bit rushed (as in drybrushed fast), then again I know how many faces/hands Poots usually puts on his figures and picking them out one by one is a chore I don't want to do either
    - stomach is weird because how it is overhighlighted. I had the same on multiple female figures and had to tone down the highlights a lot or it looked similar to this or pregnant.

agreed with all the inconsistency points.

- Golds have never been my strong suite. So I tried to practice on a smaller area.
    - 100% correct. Mayhap I should've opted to airbrush the faces.
    - ugh the stomach... I went thru several iterations in that area. One version had too strong of a highlight. The next too low. I didn't want the contrast too high since I want the face to be the focal area, but yes, I couldn't grasp painting the stomach so much. It was an interesting session though. So I just made her sexy chubby. lol

Thanks again Max.