R'hllor Faithful and tokens

Thread: R'hllor Faithful and tokens

Default R'hllor Faithful and tokens

Hello there! I have a guestion. So, lets imegine that case - R'hllor Faithful unit had 2 faith tokens and has been destroyed. Within long range of that unit we have 2 R'hllor units. Can i simultaneously expend 2 tokens to force 2 units
    to perform free attack ?

No, the Ability says when the unit is destroyed you can spend 1 Faith token, not multiple.

I did not see that on this cardName:  hb-rhllor-faithful.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  20.9 KB

You would only give 1 other unit an attack as per the ability but there's nothing stopping you from triggering it multiple time right?

Since orders and tactics cards are the only thing that can't double up on a trigger then I don't see why you can't do this ability multiple times with the same trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Dittadean View Post
    You would only give 1 other unit an attack as per the ability but there's nothing stopping you from triggering it multiple time right?

Since orders and tactics cards are the only thing that can't double up on a trigger then I don't see why you can't do this ability multiple times with the same trigger.
    RAW, there appears to be nothing that prevents you from spending multiple tokens on a trigger. But the listed effects also do not make any indication that they are to be considered cumulative; otherwise, there would likely be language that makes that explicit (e.g., "for each token expended").

You should, however, be able to expend a token for each effect after a melee attack that has destroyed the unit.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    You should, however, be able to expend a token for each effect after a melee attack that has destroyed the unit.
    I don't think you'd be able to spend a token for the "after the attack" trigger if the attack destroyed the unit, since destroyed (and subsequent removal of the unit) occurs before "after the attack" and by the time that trigger came, there would be no unit to trigger 'heart of fire' with.

Quote Originally Posted by Codfather View Post
    I don't think you'd be able to spend a token for the "after the attack" trigger if the attack destroyed the unit, since destroyed (and subsequent removal of the unit) occurs before "after the attack" and by the time that trigger came, there would be no unit to trigger 'heart of fire' with.
    Yeah, good point. I believe the lesson here is “don’t hoard your Faith tokens.”
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger