Maxwin's WIP - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maxwin's WIP

Starting to look more convincing ... to me at least
    Name:  haarken wip4.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  1.06 MB

Solid work there, you have some real skill with nmm. I am paying close attention

Thanks gorb, I will probably do a brief pictured description of the method I've evolved into.
    Hopefully get finished tonight ready for daemon Mortarion who will also be NMM, this was my practise run
    Name:  IMG_4662.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  805.0 KB
    Last edited by maxwin; 08-05-2020 at 08:22 AM.

NMM is looking sweet! What colors are you using? I think that is what I don't like about my attempts at it so far (not liking the colors I chose)

I really like the pike of this spear! Looks like an enchanted ancient weapon.

ekipage - Rhinox hide, averland sunset, white, yellow glaze (game ink), agrax eathshade, and a bit more white, in that order

Graishak - thanks and I think it is an ancient enchanted weapon

Didn't quite get finished, some of the gold looks a bit like yellow plastic so will try to improve that.Name:  haarken wip5.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  1.52 MB

Agreed with you about the gold a little too yellow, but nmm isn't easy and you already did a great job.
    Maybe you can desaturate it with some light green glazes?

Thanks Dexter, your input has sent me on a mission, even using the colour wheel!!
    I've given him a couple of violet glazes and re-highlighted with Karak stone, looks much more goldy I will mess with it a bit more tonight but I feel the end is nigh!
    Name:  20200806_170658.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  991.5 KB

Agree. Violet was indeed the right choice. Love the result.

Thanks a lot! I finally got around to taking some pics, Harken is up on the gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/450144

Shalaxi is up next ...
    Name:  20200812_140008.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  373.5 KB

Oh man, you got a heavy speed on pumping out nice minis :-)
    Voted for your "ancient spear" - looking forward to see how you will deal with Shalaxi!

Thanks Graishak, I'm trying to build up a decent portfolio as I only started in May, and as they say practise makes perfect
    Shalaxi has had some layers laid down, seems quite a simply model to paint ... for now!
    Name:  20200813_225809.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  270.5 KB

Looking over the whole thread here, I like what I see. Nice work. Just starting into the 40k realm myself so I'll be following your progress, keep at it. I really like the colors on the Shalaxi model so far. A really cool model I hadn't seen before now.

WIP: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ramblings-spot
    Blog: http://blog.coolminiornot.com/blog.p...6-Flaming-Tiki
    “A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.”
    Leonardo da Vinci

Thanks a lot, I've had a good look through yours too and seen some impressive stuff!
    Made a bit of progress with Shalaxi, experimenting with an iridescent-style effect on the stocking that may or may not make the final cut. Nice to have big eyes that require more than a dot
    Name:  20200814_223232.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  490.9 KB

Making progress, trying out a crushed velvet effect on the gown thing, might ramp up the contrast a bit more.
    Name:  20200816_151303.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  408.4 KB
    Name:  20200817_194739.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  398.5 KB

Oh you picked a big project -looking mighty fine at this mark buddy!!! I watch with angst!!!

I can feel him staring at me :-) Great job on his eyes!

Very well done! Love that crushed velvet look. You are certainly puhing the contrast, which I think is a signature look of velvet right? You could even bump the highlights a bit more, I don't think that'll hurt!