Loyaulty

Thread: Loyaulty

Default Loyaulty

On the commander version of the Baratheon army, the "loyalty" is written with the abilities. Does that mean the unit becomes loyal with the general ?

Interesting question. On one hand, I think that extending the commander’s Loyalty to a unit would make it akin to the Affiliation ability, so why not simply use the Affiliation ability? I’d assume the usage of different wording is intended to make Loyalty distinct from Affiliation.

On the other hand, Loyalty appears to be an ability just like any other, so attaching Renly to a unit should extend the Loyalty to that unit.

However, I don’t believe it could ever be used to “overwrite” a Loyalty, since you could never select a unit during construction with a conflicting Loyalty.

In short: no, but yes?
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

i meant, for example, wardens become loyal so they benefit from true loyalist capacity, not can you use a rose knight with stannis since you cannot mix different loyalties.

Posed this to the Discord hive mind, and the opinions seemed to favor that, when the card has Loyalty listed on the front (as in with the commanders) it would indeed give that Loyalty to the unit it’s attached to.

Estermont’s True Loyalist, though, has the Loyalty listed on the card’s *back*, so it would not be considered an ability. Thus he couldn’t use the True Loyalist ability unless the unit he’s attached to already has Loyalty.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger