New player with some old questions

Thread: New player with some old questions

Default New player with some old questions

Hello and sorry if these questions have been asked a lot in the past, but I’m just getting into the game. I managed to find a Baratheon starter.. which appears to be hard to find these days. Are certain sets really out of print? I’m interested in playing Baratheon, Night’s Watch and Lannister. Possibly Stark. Definitely not Targ. Can anyone advise on the best sets to start with? Or sets that may soon go out of print?

Quote Originally Posted by SerAndrew View Post
    Hello and sorry if these questions have been asked a lot in the past, but I’m just getting into the game. I managed to find a Baratheon starter.. which appears to be hard to find these days. Are certain sets really out of print? I’m interested in playing Baratheon, Night’s Watch and Lannister. Possibly Stark. Definitely not Targ. Can anyone advise on the best sets to start with? Or sets that may soon go out of print?
    Seven Blessings, SerAndrew! Nothing in the game is out of print, nor is forecast to go out of print. But, certain units and starters are hard to get hold of at the moment. Not certain where you are geographically, but if your local FLGS can't get them, you may want to join up with the FB and Discord groups--someone there might be able to provide local alternatives.

What faction you choose is going to depend on your playstyle, but the Stark vs Lannister set by itself is enough for two people to field small armies right out of the box.

Hope that helps.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Thanks for the response! It does help. I did manage to snag a Baratheon starter at one store here (Omaha) but the only other thing they have is stark vs Lannister. I’d really like to play Night’s Watch. I tried to join the Facebook group but I’m still waiting for them to approve it. At this point I think I’m going to spend more time painting than playing. Can you recommend any good painting guides? Specifically for Baratheon?

Thanks for the response! It does help. I did manage to snag a Baratheon starter at one store here (Omaha) but the only other thing they have is stark vs Lannister. I’d really like to play Night’s Watch. I tried to join the Facebook group but I’m still waiting for them to approve it. At this point I think I’m going to spend more time painting than playing. Can you recommend any good painting guides? Specifically for Baratheon?
    Painting I cannot help you with, unfortunately, as I’m one of those apostates who has left their minis untouched. There’s a sub-forum here that you’ll want to visit—one of the experts there should be able to provide solid advice.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Youtube has tons of content for painting ASoIaF minis. There are no "official" guides from CMON that I've seen, like other companies do with recommended colors/paint manufacturers and such, but I could be mistaken. There are, however, lots of talented painters at the 'tube that range from almost entry level to master-class. Enjoy! I love painting my stuff as much as playing.