Well, hello all. Let me know what you think.

Thread: Well, hello all. Let me know what you think.

Default Well, hello all. Let me know what you think.

So, after seeing numerous inspiring pins on pinterest from this site, I finally decided I needed to be a part of this.
    I've been in the hobby for well over 20 years, and got into 40k at the tail end of second edition.Back then, the models were lackluster, to say the least, so conversion was my biggest thing.
    Greenstuff was a miracle tool to me, back in those early days, and I was finding that other common household tools were great as well. After long and tribulated adulting (and more than a fair share of drinking), I started getting back into the hobby. At first, the new quality of the models had me just piecing kits together. Then I started poking around pinterest, and it brought me to the grand realization... it's all plastic and resin!
    Put away the saws, and don't worry about cutting your fingertip off during that last cut through pewter!
    The whole shutdown gave me time to work, so I honed my sculpting skills, and set back to my original vision of creating unique minis. With that, check out PLaguelord Coronus, and my custom sculpted Don-nurgling!
    The paint job is the WIP, as it's simply a base and a wash.
    When the project is finished, it'll be posted elsewhere.
    I received a large order of supplies from GSW just before I moved into my new apartment, including brushes.
    I look forward to sharing more with you all, getting some feedback, and getting to know some of you.
    I also have some full custom sculpts I'll be sharing soon, including my first human sculpt of an Escher Juve.

.Name:  20200429_190557[1].jpg
Views: 101
Size:  685.6 KBName:  20200516_232759[1].jpg
Views: 98
Size:  637.6 KBName:  20200516_232806[1].jpg
Views: 95
Size:  550.7 KBName:  20200516_232820[1].jpg
Views: 98
Size:  577.9 KBName:  20200524_162552[1].jpg
Views: 101
Size:  804.7 KBName:  20200524_162608[1].jpg
Views: 99
Size:  739.4 KBName:  20200524_162627[1].jpg
Views: 100
Size:  900.8 KB
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 09-14-2020 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Cleaned up excess code.

Welcome aboard.
    (Hope you’re ok with me tidying up the surplus code.)
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Welcome to the forum! Always good to see some kitbashing going on!

You have some nice work going on. The thing I like about Deathguard is the possibilities are endless and only limited by your imagination.

Definitely agree. Some of the lore out there can expand on things greatly. I watched a podcast about a month ago talking about an interesting sequence in a novel. Puturabo was encountered by a Plague Marine of the Lunar Wolves, trying to entice him to serve Nurgle. It clicked in my brain, that Plague Marines aren't just Death Guard, but a portion of any legion gifted by Nurgle. So I'm going to be making Nightlord Plague Marines soon, and possessed with Death Guard parts and Plaguebearer heads.