How do I align my trays for a fight?

Thread: How do I align my trays for a fight?

Question How do I align my trays for a fight?

Hi all

I got a bit confused about aligning the trays as it seems that my interpretation of it (P15 + P16) is not correct.
    I thought that the ATTACKER had to align 50% or more of his own tray on the DEFENDER'S tray.

1) I saw battle reports where it was at least 50% of the DEFENDER'S tray that had to be in contact with the ATTACKER'S tray, resulting sometimes in less than 50% of the ATTACKER'S tray engaged in the fight.

2) on the last battle report i watched, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH8sGKlQx-Y Blitzmini forced the NW tray attacking his Giant to move to the side to just be in contact with 50% of the Giant's tray ( action at 31 ' ) . Why that and why couldn't the NW player contact the whole Giant's tray?

Thx for help.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKALL View Post
    Hi all

I got a bit confused about aligning the trays as it seems that my interpretation of it (P15 + P16) is not correct.
    I thought that the ATTACKER had to align 50% or more of his own tray on the DEFENDER'S tray.

1) I saw battle reports where it was at least 50% of the DEFENDER'S tray that had to be in contact with the ATTACKER'S tray, resulting sometimes in less than 50% of the ATTACKER'S tray engaged in the fight.

2) on the last battle report i watched, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH8sGKlQx-Y Blitzmini forced the NW tray attacking his Giant to move to the side to just be in contact with 50% of the Giant's tray ( action at 31 ' ) . Why that and why couldn't the NW player contact the whole Giant's tray?

Thx for help.
    you either align 100% centre to centre (arrow to arrow) or with 50% of the Defenders tray

if those 3 exact postions are unavailable but there is 50%+ of the defenders tray available to make the charge legal then you align as close as possible to one of those 3 positions
    Triple F.

Fight F@k Fight

Hello Bazzu

Thx for your answer.
    Sorry but i did not find the 3rd position you mentionned
    When you got a front to front contact:
    1) arrow to arrow
    2) 50 % sliding to the right to enable a second unit to join the fight
    3) 50% sliding to the left ....

When contacting the DEFENDER on his side, you have to behave the same way, creating an artificial "side arrow" on the DEFENDER'S tray?

Both situations imply that when you contact a solo unit with an ATTACKING infantry/cavalry, most of the infantry/cavalry tray is not in contact with the DEFENDER'S solo tray.
    Did I understand it correctly?

I’ve only played 2 games but what I know so far is you can only have a maximum of 2 units against any one facing, so this explains the 50% of the base query as two units would occupy 50% of the defenders base each.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKALL View Post
    Hello Bazzu

Thx for your answer.
    Sorry but i did not find the 3rd position you mentionned
    When you got a front to front contact:
    1) arrow to arrow
    2) 50 % sliding to the right to enable a second unit to join the fight
    3) 50% sliding to the left ....

When contacting the DEFENDER on his side, you have to behave the same way, creating an artificial "side arrow" on the DEFENDER'S tray?

Both situations imply that when you contact a solo unit with an ATTACKING infantry/cavalry, most of the infantry/cavalry tray is not in contact with the DEFENDER'S solo tray.
    Did I understand it correctly?
    yes

third position is very rare to occur but can happen, requires some lawyering on rules. usually it involves the table edge
    Triple F.

Fight F@k Fight