Coming back to the forums after a break. - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Coming back to the forums after a break.

A peek is all I need this is incredible man!!!!

Oh wow! Those wings are looking great! Great choice of colors to use on them so far

Damn, Anew Jocelyn thread while I was away. Sorry to hear about the job, but these lady’s you are painting are all beautiful pieces of art.

The intro demo was strikingly different from you and it was eerily captivating to look at. The fairy is absolutely stunning and this latest one is really coming together.

it is really nice coming back to see some old friends.

Newbie, please be gentle MrNoNameSoldier1977's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The eyes look awesome. I love how you get your metallic so accurate looking. Amazing work man.
    "Yes I really am a soldier"

"Then why do you suck at this game so much?"

"Because in real life when I shoot at you, you don't jump around like a F@%*$*# rabbit!"

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    A peek is all I need this is incredible man!!!!
    Thanks bro! Unfortunately I am stalled so nothing new to show!

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    Oh wow! Those wings are looking great! Great choice of colors to use on them so far
    Thanks equi! Yes I left out the green voluntarily

Quote Originally Posted by gorb View Post
    That looks stunning!
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Damn, Anew Jocelyn thread while I was away. Sorry to hear about the job, but these lady’s you are painting are all beautiful pieces of art.

The intro demo was strikingly different from you and it was eerily captivating to look at. The fairy is absolutely stunning and this latest one is really coming together.

it is really nice coming back to see some old friends.
    What a nice surprise!! Thanks KB!! I was wondering what happened to my # fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrNoNameSoldier1977 View Post
    The eyes look awesome. I love how you get your metallic so accurate looking. Amazing work man.

Thanks for the praise!! Yes I spent A LOT of time practicing and strengthening my metallic techniques and of course eyes!
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 04-14-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Ok i think i am ready to continue on her! You can see a quick re highlight on the shoulder pad.

Name:  20210427_203405.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  1.41 MB

And another project, literally on another level, quinoa grain mounted on paper clip, i am still open for suggestions.

Name:  20210427_204529.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  36.0 KB
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 04-27-2021 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    And another project, literally on another level, quinoa grain mounted on paper clip, i am still open for suggestions.
    well you are known for your micropaintings, so how about painting the full Mona Lisa on the side with some detailed patterning on the side?
    Forgot, that it works again.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    well you are known for your micropaintings, so how about painting the full Mona Lisa on the side with some detailed patterning on the side?
    LOL ::

The highlight looks too real. I really like the gold upper feathers against the dark blue/purple lower feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    I understand the reason why would you want to use humor here as this is a ridiculously small project but none the less serious, remember that i am only equip with a jeweler's loupe and a Windsor&Newton series 7 #0 not a electron microscope and a fly's ass hair

I am still open for suggestions though, i was thinking about a snail spiral or a diamond pattern, something that it is possible. (For me anyway..)

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    LOL ::

The highlight looks too real. I really like the gold upper feathers against the dark blue/purple lower feathers.
    Thanks KB!! I just started a re-highlight on those wings, going to take a while because it is delicate work!

Name:  20210428_144747.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  449.8 KB
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 04-29-2021 at 08:37 AM.

That dark blue metallic looks great agains the shinier gold, nice!

Quote Originally Posted by gorb View Post
    That dark blue metallic looks great agains the shinier gold, nice!
    Thanks Chris! I edited my previous post, the picture was not showing...

One side of the re-highlights done, extremely slow progress with 1 hour/week... i should pick up the pace eventually.

Name:  20210502_201902.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  340.8 KB

I am really more excited and motivated to start on my quinoa grain project, i just love micro painting, i feel like space and time disappear and it's just me and my brush, the challenge is so much more exiting than doing hours upon hours of technical painting, it just bore me to death..

Base coat is on, i think on one side i will do a double pentagram and on the other side a diamond pattern with many colors.

Name:  20210502_204610.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  319.5 KB
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 05-06-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Those metallic feathers look stunning. And I'm curious to see what you do with that grain...