Coming back to the forums after a break. - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming back to the forums after a break.

Hey guys! I hope you had a good year even with all of what happened with the global pandemic and shit, i for my part had a really shitty year on the personal side (without going into details). My hobby side was affected as well as i have more abandoned projects than completed ones in 2020, one of the good thing that came out of all that turmoil is i had a few moments of realizations that i hope will help me for the future.

So i have this kit on the table, i wanted to paint her for some time now, what to expect for this one? Nothing out of my box this time, expect my strengths, a metal eerie fairy, with micro freehand in the face.

Name:  IMG_20201230_182340_229.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  1.81 MB

Here's to a much better 2021 for you. Looking forward to what you conjure up with this awesome sculpt!

Welcome to 2021. Totally agreed... it needs to get better... 2020 best characteristic was, that we can take it as a bad example how life should not be.
    Enjoy your new project :-)

Let er rip - you got this it’s your year!!!

I can't wait to see what you hold for us with this miniature

Thanks guys!

I have started Dhalya the fairy, really fragile model, there was many broken pieces that i either fixed or sculpted myself because i could not find them. You don't see it because magic sculpt is the same color then the resin.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 01-15-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Update;

Started the wings, i want this iridescent shimmering effect.

This is going to take long...

Name:  IMG_20210115_140726_371.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  972.7 KB

You have the patience of a surgeon- no one else would think twice about doing this type of tedious and minute pointillist approach along with compelling and intriguing visual Beauty , because it’s too darn complex to execute- unless your a demon winner and your. She is Jocelyn goyette!!!’

simply gorgeous !!!

That is a beautiful sculpt. Can't wait to see the magic you bring to those wings (and the bust) with your painting style

I salute your patience and determination. Keep going please, I think it will turn out stunning!

Thanks for the praise guys!

Sorry for not being around as much and my lack of participation in your threads, i will try to make it up soon!

I sure like to suffer for imposing myself almost impossible tasks, for now i have the wind in my back because i just love this model!

Here is about 1/16 of the dots work done over all, when i get tired of the dots i switch with the body. Also like i said before i had to sculpt many small pieces that was broken and lost and also i removed some fluffs she had that was choking her like the giant flower she had in the neck, i had to fill up the hole and sculpt the area with collar bones etc.

Name:  IMG_20210120_141420_499.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  362.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20210119_153629_160.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  713.4 KB
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 01-20-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    Thanks guys!

I have started Dhalya the fairy, really fragile model, there was many broken pieces that i either fixed or sculpted myself because i could not find them. You don't see it because magic sculpt is the same color then the resin.
    Welcome back, look forward to seeing this complete.

Question: Where did you get this model?

Wow! You have really a slow hand. The dotted wing is stunning. I'm pretty sure, I would have messed it up ;-)

Thanks guys! Really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini7673 View Post
    Welcome back, look forward to seeing this complete.

Question: Where did you get this model?
    Thanks! This model was a limited edition from Kimera.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Man, this is looking cool so far! Looking forward to your updates.

WIP: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ramblings-spot
    Blog: http://blog.coolminiornot.com/blog.p...6-Flaming-Tiki
    “A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.”
    Leonardo da Vinci

This looks amazing, the metal texture is awesome. I know those dots are getting to you, but I have to say they look great too.
    Looking forward to where you go with her skin and face.

Thanks Chris!! Well those dots did get to me... i miss evaluated the level of difficulty for such a large surface, 4 wings 8 sides and i am not even done with one side!! Also it's really difficult on both hands and wrists. For a small area like a face like on Aquarius it's nothing compare. So i need to come up with a solution like either make the dots bigger of making a special dots brush but there is no way i am continuing this madness.

Abandon madness:

Name:  IMG_20210122_184007_661.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  1.39 MB

Update on the gold:

Name:  IMG_20210122_190125_630.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  1.12 MB

I don't blame you about all the micro dotting getting to you (but it is a great effect)! This might be too big, but found this: https://www.dickblick.com/items/saku...ne-tip-silver/
    Gold looks amazing! Are there any silver micron type pens that would allow you to do the same effect but be easier than with a brush?

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    I don't blame you about all the micro dotting getting to you (but it is a great effect)! This might be too big, but found this: https://www.dickblick.com/items/saku...ne-tip-silver/
    Gold looks amazing! Are there any silver micron type pens that would allow you to do the same effect but be easier than with a brush?
    Thanks equipage! The pen will be even worst! The strain on my hands wilk be the same or even worst! No to mention my hand is mold to my brushes, not a pen. I need to speed the process to be able to complete the 4 wings. I tough about some kind of modified brush and using some kind of stippling, it won't carry as much paint then with the individual dots but i will create some kind of less shinny pattern. I will settle with that, i have to think about my hands, at 52 i am not as tough than when i was 30! I really think i have a solution! By going really fast and sloppy ( instead of micro surgery ) i could create a cool pattern 10x faster! meaning i would be done by now!
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 01-27-2021 at 01:07 AM.