Coming back to the forums after a break. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coming back to the forums after a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Guawol View Post
    Beautifully done!
    Thanks Guawol!

Here she is, finished and on putty and paint. You can vote here https://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/28035

Official pictures;

Aradia

Name:  IMG_0394 (3).JPG
Views: 167
Size:  615.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0394 (2).JPG
Views: 170
Size:  1.01 MB

Name:  IMG_0395 (2).JPG
Views: 166
Size:  546.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0400 (2).JPG
Views: 171
Size:  1.07 MB

Name:  IMG_0397 (2).JPG
Views: 166
Size:  744.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0387 (2).JPG
Views: 168
Size:  1,001.4 KB

Thanks Dexter!

Nothing much since Aradia,

This dude is on the table

Name:  IMG_20201016_200505_668.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  1.65 MB

Really nice work the demon bust. Love the skin tone you used for it!

The demon turned out great! Are you going to put it onto your gallery on CMON, too?

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    Really nice work the demon bust. Love the skin tone you used for it!
    Thanks equipage! I usually have head eachs with skins but this time was a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    The demon turned out great! Are you going to put it onto your gallery on CMON, too?
    Thanks Graishak! Unfortunately i don't have a gallery here I find it to much to make those super long collage in photophop... I am way to lazy for that!

Update on my Necron friend,

Is it overkill with the crystals?

Name:  IMG_20201018_195613_931.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  1.24 MB

Also a peak at my inspiration, a golden necron with yellow/green glow.

Name:  necron-warhammer-40-000-28528-1680x1050.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  65.9 KB
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 10-18-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gorb View Post
    Looking foward to this one, with all that crystal...
    Thanks gorb! I have a few ideas floating in my mind right now for thos crystals, one involving polishing the tip of the big crystal with diamond paste i used for polishing opal, the rest of the crystals should be painted maybe with fluo paints or inks not sure yet.

Never thought of using crystals for a base before. It will be interesting to see the results of your experimentations. How are you planning to paint the necrons body, NMM, TMM, or like you did with the last model?

Quote Originally Posted by Guawol View Post
    Never thought of using crystals for a base before. It will be interesting to see the results of your experimentations. How are you planning to paint the necrons body, NMM, TMM, or like you did with the last model?
    Thanks Guawol! I plan to do my TMM but not sure yet if it will be brushed like my necrons of 2015 or stippling style like i did on my last piece, we will get to that when i arrives there.

In the meantime a update on the base, lot more work to do but you can see the direction i am taking.

Name:  IMG_20201020_105534_515.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  467.0 KB

Blog Entries

​Super weird, very cool. I like it!

Almost a shame you painted over that large group of crystals. Would be really cool if you could polish them and maybe drill into the base and install some green and yellow LED's to light it up instead. Anyway, looking forward to the finished product as it is a really cool concept you have for the figure and I am sure which ever method you use it is going to look great!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    ​Super weird, very cool. I like it!
    Thanks Toad!

Almost a shame you painted over that large group of crystals. Would be really cool if you could polish them and maybe drill into the base and install some green and yellow LED's to light it up instead. Anyway, looking forward to the finished product as it is a really cool concept you have for the figure and I am sure which ever method you use it is going to look great!
    Thanks equipage! I don't know if you ever worked with glass, opals and gemstones in general but let me tell you that it's not easy at all to drill those materials. The idea came across my mind but i decided in the end that for this particular project i wanted a painted base.

Update on the base, finished for now and this is the most accurate picture i could take.

Name:  IMG_20201021_125538_520.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  703.7 KB
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 10-21-2020 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gorb View Post
    Very nice, love that sharp highlighting.
    Thanks Chris! In real it' even more striking and beautiful, i just can't get a shot that shows the colors like in real yet. This base is definitely made to be judged in real.

Update on the dude,

So it's neither my brushing nor my stippling technique but air brushed for the metals, then shading with ink. I am still debating for the next phase what i am going to do, air brush again or something else. There is a lot going on in that piece, osl from the crystal, osl from the multiple glowing stuff within the guy, also some general and zenith lightning...

How i am going to proceed is essential

Name:  IMG_20201022_185345_251.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  698.3 KB

Crystal does look very good! And yes, I know what a pain it can be to try to drill them out (had my share of broken stones, crystal, etc when I was into rock collecting years ago). Like the metallic green you have for the base color. All the OSL, zenithal and general highlights should look quite amazing when done.

Crystal does look very good! And yes, I know what a pain it can be to try to drill them out (had my share of broken stones, crystal, etc when I was into rock collecting years ago). Like the metallic green you have for the base color. All the OSL, zenithal and general highlights should look quite amazing when done.
    Thanks equipage! I bough exclusively those crystals for Necron bases, i bashed them, broke them, make them in little bits, powder ect Just to use for bases. I used to cut and polish opals few years back but it's just to time consuming. I have a set of like 7 different diamond powder paste grit from 1500 to 100 000... kast one is mirror finish. Just to long. Anyway its fun to look at gemstones and stuff.

Back to my Necron,

Update, starting to place the highlights, much more work to do befoe the next shading phase.

Name:  IMG_20201023_202950_372.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  824.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post

Thanks Graishak! Unfortunately i don't have a gallery here I find it to much to make those super long collage in photophop... I am way to lazy for that!
    There is a nice little tool (available freeware), which can easily stack pictures together: PhotoScape v3.7
    You might wanna give it a try :-)

That crystal looks awesome! I also agree with Graishak, and there are other apps for your pc or phone that make doing collages easy. I use PicCollage for mine. Mostly for work, but I'll be dropping some to the gallery here today.