Very basic rules question about 'ORDER'

Thread: Very basic rules question about 'ORDER'

Default Very basic rules question about 'ORDER'

Sorry for too basic question. But some players in South Korea needs clarification.

At rulebook. order can be used only once per round.
    Question 1 is, If two or more unit have same order, can it count to be used separately?
    Question 2 is, If they can use it separately, can two order happens at once?

As an example. a free folk army have two trappers. they have same order "Hidden traps".
    If trapper 1 use order "Hidden traps.", can another trapper use "Hidden traps"?
    Also, If they can use "Hidden traps" separately, can They use at the same time?

I think if that works, two unit of trappers can kill "Gregor Clegane" solo when it starts move about half chance.

Some of our group thinks same name of order can be used once per each round. and another group it can be used per unit.
    And the rulebook doesn't say about this case.

Thank you for your interest.

1. Orders are limited only "per instance" of the Order, aka just because they share the same name doesn't mean its only once across the entire army. It is per each instance of that Order.

2. You can only trigger 1 Order or Tactics Card per triggering event, so by definition you could never use 2 of the same Order at the same time (Timing Conflicts, Orders & Tactics Cards, Rulebook, pg. 21).

Thank you. can I get more of the idea 'instance'? I understand it as "When I have 3 order of 'Counter Charge' and 2 order of 'Hidden Trap', I can I 1 instance of 'Counter Charge' and 1 instance of 'Hidden Trap' per round and I use the instance." Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by polliwog View Post
    Thank you. can I get more of the idea 'instance'? I understand it as "When I have 3 order of 'Counter Charge' and 2 order of 'Hidden Trap', I can I 1 instance of 'Counter Charge' and 1 instance of 'Hidden Trap' per round and I use the instance." Am I right?
    Instance (in this context) = copies/amount/number you have. (Example: 3 units with Order: Hidden Traps = 3 "instances" of Order: Hidden Traps)

Example 1:

You have 2 units of Free Folk Trappers with "Hidden Traps".

1 enemy moves and triggers the Order. You can use 1 Hidden Trap Order on that enemy (marking whatever unit used it).

Later in the same Round, another enemy moves and is in range of the other Free Folk Trapper unit. You can use the other (unused) Hidden Traps Order on that enemy.

Example 2:

2 Free Folk Trapper units.

An enemy moves while in range of both units. you could not trigger both Hidden Traps at the same time because you can only use 1 Order per trigger (in this scenario: when an unengaged enemy in Long Range moves).

For your other question about "Counter Charge" and "Hidden Traps": These do not have the same trigger, there is no interaction in this scenario. Hidden Traps is when an enemy moves, Counter Charge is after an enemy attacks- completely different triggers.

The rule is specifically about Tactics Cards and Orders that share the same trigger (When an enemy attacks, When a unit moves, When a tactics card is played, etc etc).

Example 3:

I have a Tactics Card "When an enemy Attacks" and an Order "When an enemy Attacks". I cannot use both at the same time- I have to choose 1. I can use both in the same Round, but not at the same time (I can use one for 1 Attack and the other for another Attack).

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    Instance (in this context) = copies/amount/number you have. (Example: 3 units with Order: Hidden Traps = 3 "instances" of Order: Hidden Traps)

Example 1:

You have 2 units of Free Folk Trappers with "Hidden Traps".

1 enemy moves and triggers the Order. You can use 1 Hidden Trap Order on that enemy (marking whatever unit used it).

Later in the same Round, another enemy moves and is in range of the other Free Folk Trapper unit. You can use the other (unused) Hidden Traps Order on that enemy.

Example 2:

2 Free Folk Trapper units.

An enemy moves while in range of both units. you could not trigger both Hidden Traps at the same time because you can only use 1 Order per trigger (in this scenario: when an unengaged enemy in Long Range moves).

For your other question about "Counter Charge" and "Hidden Traps": These do not have the same trigger, there is no interaction in this scenario. Hidden Traps is when an enemy moves, Counter Charge is after an enemy attacks- completely different triggers.

The rule is specifically about Tactics Cards and Orders that share the same trigger (When an enemy attacks, When a unit moves, When a tactics card is played, etc etc).

Example 3:

I have a Tactics Card "When an enemy Attacks" and an Order "When an enemy Attacks". I cannot use both at the same time- I have to choose 1. I can use both in the same Round, but not at the same time (I can use one for 1 Attack and the other for another Attack).

Thank you for very detailed answer. Thank you very much!