New to minatures painting and need some help

Thread: New to minatures painting and need some help

Default New to minatures painting and need some help

Hi guys

Im new here and new to minature painting also. I have spent the last 15 years building a model railroad but have been bit by the minature painting bug.

I am painting some WWII figures and am running into a problem. I'm using Vallejo game colour paints off a wet palette and am getting small bubbles when putting paint to the model? Is this from thinning the paints too much? for the life of me can't get a nice consistent thickness and seems like it's either too thick or way too thin. I have tried using a toothpick to add a drop of water then mixing and have also tried adding water to the paint with the brush but still can't get it right

any help would be much appreciated

thanks
    Jeremy

Sounds like you are aerating the paint, or if it's solid flecks, you will need to strain the paint. Pics?

I paint it straight out the bottle, with a lot of weybkending, but it may not be to your style.
    Models completed in 2016 so far: 16
    Models in WIP: 22

tp://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/gohkm

I'd say it is from too much thinning. Could you try thinning it with a thinner/glaze/matt medium on the wet-palette to see if it is any different.

Had similar experience many years ago with VGC, one of the many reasons I don't like the game color range. Properly thinned their properties are weird compared to other paint lines or even to the VMC/VAC lines.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Thanks guys

i think I had the paint way too thin. I didn't add as much water and it seems to help