EaterofLives WIP Thread

Thread: EaterofLives WIP Thread

Default EaterofLives WIP Thread

Ok, so I introduced myself in another thread, and shared a WIP that's taken a backseat since, and needs more paint than anything.  Here is where I intend to post all my current WIP, considering that I just got a couple kits in the mail for my next project.  So what you'll see here is Death Guard specific Possessed, in the early stages.  I'm using two Possessed kits for the project, so I'm making a ten man unit.  Right now, I only have the parts to make 4, and I can make a fifth when my Plaguebearers come in this week.  I'm using spare torsos and pauldrons from the Plaguemarine kit, and heads from the Plaguebearer kit, to make them look more like Death Guard and more Nurgley.  The first one has his neck done, and some extra sculpting to tie the chest to the back.  This morning I finished most of the model, including extending the belt from the front of the torso, so it ties in better.  The model is built, and just needs... (Plaguebearers just arrived!!!) some tentacles under the front of the torso to fill a gap.  I'll be basing that and finishing the sculpt tonight, so more pics tomorrow.  The rest just have gaps filled, and Ave's stuffed in their heads to hold them pinned to the torso.  I also repositioned the heads to go along with their gait, and started plotting how I would need to sculpt around the torsos to make it look natural (the belt really helped with the first model)  I went too far on the first model before realizing he's going to look like he's falling over, so when I base him I'm using some card and other debris to set him on more of an incline.  As for the other 5, I have to wait for the PLaguemarine kit to become available again, as the last time it went up, the sold out in a day, and the secondary market sold out the next day.  I hope you enjoy the upcoming projects, and all comments and critiques are welcome.

Name:  20201006_013414.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  621.1 KBName:  20201006_013407.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  652.2 KBName:  20201006_013426.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  772.6 KBName:  20201006_013432.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  608.8 KBName:  20201006_013441.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  630.5 KBName:  20201006_013447.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  677.7 KBName:  20201006_013456.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  617.0 KBName:  20201006_013504.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  632.5 KB

I think you can do some very interesting looks with Nurgle Possessed, primarily because Nurgle forces are already misshapen by disease and pestilence, so the idea that this will go hand in hand with possession could make them truly baroque and unique. I have a squad of Chaos Chosen that I may do something similar with down the line. I'll look to you for sculpting ideas!
    Last edited by Fligg; 10-07-2020 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fligg View Post
    I think you can do some very interesting looks with Nurgle Possessed, primarily because Nurgle forces are already misshapen by disease and pestilence, so the idea that this will go hand in hand with possession could make them truly baroque and unique. I have a squad of Chaos Chosen that I may do something similar with down the line. I'll look to you for sculpting ideas!
    Love sharing ideas. As an artist, I feed off other artists and their perspectives, because they'll often see or think of that I didn't. The first one is built and based, so I will be posting pics of him, and a fully painted mini when I get to the shop today. The others are going on a back burner for the moment, because I realized I'd rather use some of the Plaguemarine pack from the MkIII armor to add a little extra DG presence in the minis. So my big projects right now are hinged on getting my hands on Plaguemarine kits, which are currently very hard to come by. The second big project is inspired by an excerpt from the Black Library, that I stumbled on a youtube video about. Purturabo was trying to be coerced by Nurgle, through what seemed like a Lunar Wolf turned PLaguemarine. The reader had interpreted it as a beta version for a Plaguemarine, but I saw something completely different, and it opened my eyes to new kitbash opportunities. Why would a unit/s of DG go and fight for another legion and gain their keyword? Simple, because it never states that only DG are Plaguemarines. So I'm making Nighlord specific Plaguemarines as well. It opens up grand possibilities for great kitbashes for the elites gifted by each God. Should be a great little project, if not on the simpler side of my kitbashes, lol.