About Ygritte "You know nothing". Who choose either attachment or NCU lose ability?

Thread: About Ygritte "You know nothing". Who choose either attachment or NCU lose ability?

Default About Ygritte "You know nothing". Who choose either attachment or NCU lose ability?

Thank you in advance. Kind answers here is always helpful.

Me and one of my friend are arguing about who will choose the target of 'losing ability'.

I think it's the player who owns Ygritte. And he think it is the owner of the unit which Ygritte is attached to. Because It's the owner that determine negate the effect by discarding tactics card is the owner of the unit. If written otherwise, the owner of the unit still have right to choose the target of ability.

I don't agree with him. But he thinks he is right. Which one is correct?

Thank you.

Here is how Ygritte work:

1) when claiming a zone the player controlling Ygritte choose a unit to attach Ygritte influence too, either one of it's own of one of the opponent.
    2) the controller of the unit that Ygritte is attached to can choose to randomly discard a card to prevent the influence to be attached (so if you attach Ygritte to your own unit your opponent can't prevent it this way since it's the controller of the unit that has to discard a card).
    3) If Ygritte is attached all other NCU influencing the attached unit and attachment in the unit are muted, there is no choosing there, you can't attach Ygritte to a unit and say I'll only mute other NCU and keep the attachment this is no one decision.

Basically you use her in two ways:
    - on a opponent unit in order to mute his NCU and attachment (in witch case he can randomly discard a card to prevent it)
    - on your own unit in order to mute an opponent NCU that's influencing it, witch come at the cost of also muting any attachment that might be on the unit in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Here is how Ygritte work:

1) when claiming a zone the player controlling Ygritte choose a unit to attach Ygritte influence too, either one of it's own of one of the opponent.
    2) the controller of the unit that Ygritte is attached to can choose to randomly discard a card to prevent the influence to be attached (so if you attach Ygritte to your own unit your opponent can't prevent it this way since it's the controller of the unit that has to discard a card).
    3) If Ygritte is attached all other NCU influencing the attached unit and attachment in the unit are muted, there is no choosing there, you can't attach Ygritte to a unit and say I'll only mute other NCU and keep the attachment this is no one decision.

Basically you use her in two ways:
    - on a opponent unit in order to mute his NCU and attachment (in witch case he can randomly discard a card to prevent it)
    - on your own unit in order to mute an opponent NCU that's influencing it, witch come at the cost of also muting any attachment that might be on the unit in the process.
    I don't understand exactly. The rule says "While Influencing a unit, any Attachments on that unit, or other NCUs Influencing that unit, lost all Abilities.". So I think there is two cases. 1. Attachments on the unit. 2. Other NCUs influencing the unit. I have to choose one of them. Because the rule says A or B. How can the two are affected at the same time?

The fact that the "or other NCUs Influencing that unit" is between comas means that the component listed after the or (the NCUs) is added to the list of the component before the or (any attachments). That are both subject to the effect (lost all abilities).

Anyway whenever you have to choose between two options the cards are written this way : "choose one: - effect 1 - effect 2".

This is English language not software engineering with logical OR.

Also I recon this one is tricky and come up often and is a problem of English preposition or being loose in it's definition since the list connected can be either additive or exclusive:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And/or

The thing is every card in the game that required you to choose between two option use the word "choose"
    Last edited by Laika; 11-17-2020 at 07:14 AM.