About pivot, when engaging enemy unit is destroyed by panic test or ability.

Thread: About pivot, when engaging enemy unit is destroyed by panic test or ability.

Default About pivot, when engaging enemy unit is destroyed by panic test or ability.

Well. Sorry for this question. I think it is answered at General FAQ. My friends don't agree.

When an engaging enemy unit is destroyed by other reason except melee attack. like

1. Panic test from ability or tactics board crown effect.
    2. Abilities like Styr's influence.
    3. Or it's own order or ability like 'UMBER RAGE'.

Can a unit pivot?

I think case 3 can be. because it happens while doing melee attack. even if not by mine.
    But I don't think it happens because the rule "Surge forth" is about a case "When my unit destroys and enemy".
    Even in case 1 and 2, I think a unit can't pivot.

But my friends think it can. Because they read boxed article "Surge Forth" have two different sentences.
    1. attacker's free maneuver
    2. other unit's free pivot.

I think those two case is subordinated to a melee attack of a unit. But they think it is not.
    They think free pivot is different case. So even if it is destroyed by other source like case 1 and 2, they can pivot. (friend and enemy alike).

Can I get and answer? Because English it not our native language, very simple article can make and argument.

Thank you in advance.

Surge forth include both the unit making the attack allowed a maneuver and the pivot for other friendly unit that were engaged. And is only happening after a defending unit is destroyed by a melee attack from an attacker (not itself).

So in none of the case you described will you be allowed to do a pivot with any units.

The faq is pretty strait forward on this one.

By the way there is no way UMBER RAGE destroy it's own unit since you only take d3 damage if you have more than one rank remaining.
    Last edited by Laika; 11-17-2020 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Surge forth include both the unit making the attack allowed a maneuver and the pivot for other friendly unit that were engaged. And is only happening after a defending unit is destroyed by a melee attack from an attacker (not itself).

So in none of the case you described will you be allowed to do a pivot with any units.

The faq is pretty strait forward on this one.

By the way there is no way UMBER RAGE destroy it's own unit since you only take d3 damage if you have more than one rank remaining.
    Thank you for kind and detailed answer. If greatjon umber is a commander and he use his order, he can die. Because his order doesn't care rank. Just get d3 wound. It's stupid. But he can sucide.